Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?

Article about: As mentioned in SS helmet forum...I`m looking at this collection for purchase. Looking for opinions to verify authenticity. 1st helmet Luftwaffe Q62 2nd helmet Luftwaffe NS 64 3rd helmet Luf

Someones on a steep learning curve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?
    P
    Many

Hi Gents!

Thanks for the quick answers and even more to those pointing out the flaws!

This collection is in Germany. The guy paid prices considering them being real. He didn`t know they were fake. They were purchased from an old
    friend of his...both of them being gun collectors rather than helmet collectors.

Thanks again!

I scrolled down to the medic helmet and as soon as I saw "3. Kom." I knew this was a pile of junk. Kom is not a typical German short version of Kompanie. You would expect to see Kp. That little marking alone would make me walk away. NH

Stinkers ALL!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Multiple helmets for purchase to me...are helmets authentic?  

?

I don't collect 3rd Reich, especially helmets, it's such a big minefield it's unbelievable, but what put me off these straight away was that they all looked "too clean". Things "deteriorate" over time and these just haven't done so as I would have expected them to.

Quote by lakeman81 View Post
    Hi Gents!

Thanks for the quick answers and even more to those pointing out the flaws!

This collection is in Germany. The guy paid prices considering them being real. He didn`t know they were fake. They were purchased from an old
    friend of his...both of them being gun collectors rather than helmet collectors.

Thanks again!
    Ouch! Looks like an old friendship is going to hit the skids! There really is nothing worth much to a colector here. All the helmets shown have had post war fabrications added to them in one way or another. What was sadly a collectable helmet has now been reduced to re-enactor value only, maybe a couple of hundred quid a peice. A very sad tale indeed. Leon.

Quote by jimpy View Post
    I don't collect 3rd Reich, especially helmets, it's such a big minefield it's unbelievable, but what put me off these straight away was that they all looked "too clean". Things "deteriorate" over time and these just haven't done so as I would have expected them to.
    TR helmets collecting is the least dangerous of the TR collecting field really. So much study has been done recently and is available to collectors worldwide. The guy that called this his collection was living under a rock probably.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2