Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal

Article about: the luftwaffe helm here is from an antique dealer in ventura, california, a scouser, who'd emigrated to the US in the 60s or 70s and set up shop. He had a very robust collection which he dea

Default my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal

the luftwaffe helm here is from an antique dealer in ventura, california, a scouser, who'd emigrated to the US in the 60s or 70s and set up shop. He had a very robust collection which he dealt from from the back of his surplus store. this is from his lot.

the m35 has a better story. a dear friend of mine from Wuerzburg Germany had this in family possession since the war. When the RAF destroyed Wuerzburg in March 45 and gutted the city center there were only a few buildings left standing, one of which, due to its location at the end of an alley escaped the fire storm. It belonged to the grandparents of my friend. This house became a "swap meet" so to speak; soldiers returning home from the front would go there for soup and look at the board for notes regarding the whereabouts of loved ones, etc. After the war, the house became a de facto center of civic life and during the reconstruction many people stayed there, visited, came and went etc.... and one of them left this helmet.

Knowing my passion for helmets and collecting militaria, he gave it to me in 2012.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal   my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal  

my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal   my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal  

my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal   my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal
    P
    Many

I am not doubting your helmets but could we have better photos in natural light please!..

M38
    ?

Better close up photos are definitely needed but the Luft helmet does not have the right type of liner. More pictures please.

Cheers,
    Terry

Hi Glenn,
    as Terry said, the liner in the M42 lufty is a replacement - and not German. In your 4th photo, one of the rivets holding it to the band is shiny and definitely not a flat aluminium one as they used ( compare to the ones in the M35 )
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

alright alright my cantankerous beasties, here are some more pics, in natural light. i hope this satisfies you!

danmark, thanks for feedback; i've had it so long it didnt even OCCUR to me that it may be only partialy correct, thanks for the feedback! can you identify that liner then?my 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decalmy 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decalmy 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decalmy 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decalmy 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decalmy 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decalmy 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decalmy 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decalmy 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decalmy 2 stahlhelme, one m42 luftwaffe, one m35 dub decal

amazing how different the bottom two pics of the same helmet look. second from bottom looks almost green, bottom is feldgrau. same helmet. odd!

Well here is my 'best guess'.
    The M42 was relined possibly using a civil liner ( no holes ) at some stage post war. The liner rivets look chrome or nickel and slightly domed so maybe Czech or Hungarian but not the flat alloy ones used by Germany to the wars end. More than that i cant say.

Army helmet decal is a repro obviously yes! and Ahh A mate of mine used to live near Ventura beach and scored this cap off him

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Army helmet decal is a repro
    Its a Quist Bigfoot adler decal Rene and if the helmet also is a Q then I am happy with it.... but if its not a Quist helmet then its a replacement.

? Are we discussing the same post? I'm confused how the cap got involved..?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Its a Quist Bigfoot adler decal Rene and if the helmet also is a Q then I am happy with it.... but if its not a Quist helmet then its a replacement.

? Are we discussing the same post? I'm confused how the cap got involved..?
    Ventura

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast