Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My first authentic stahlhelm

Article about: by GIZMO8Z Ask and you shall receive! Thank you , 100% correct. Nice SD M35.

?

Default Re: My first authentic stahlhelm

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Ok you can be they guy with the denazified eagles that have been restored post war.
    Just caught a dealer selling one and with a close-up
    If anyone doesn't feel closeups are needed when evaluating helmets and decals here is some light reading. Note, 1 of these examples below was in a very prestigious collection for almost 30 years. Today's fakes as seen in the second thread, are much more devious and use microprinting to simulate tiny features and key reference points as well. With today's fakes not only are closeups absolutely required but also magnified.

Board Message

Board Message

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first authentic stahlhelm
    P
    Many

great collection and great teaching.i wish i had a teacher like you (when i was in school) the roman coins were real??

Quote by DougB View Post
    If anyone doesn't feel closeups are needed when evaluating helmets and decals here is some light reading. Note, 1 of these examples below was in a very prestigious collection for almost 30 years. Today's fakes as seen in the second thread, are much more devious and use microprinting to simulate tiny features and key reference points as well. With today's fakes not only are closeups absolutely required but also magnified.

Board Message

Board Message
    I agree with you. I had the option of buying helmets from variety of sources but instead settled on a reputable dealer. I'd rather pay a little bit more and know I have the real-deal instead of paying a little less and risk getting a fake.

Quote by herrzark View Post
    great collection and great teaching.i wish i had a teacher like you (when i was in school) the roman coins were real??
    Thank you very much for the kind words, I really appreciate it! I try really hard to be high-energy and provide the students a wide variety of teaching methods. Lecture and note taking are necessary "evils", especially around the end of the year when exams are looming... but I try to mix in all sorts of other activities. Debates, skits, games, creative things like making fictional journal entries or news paper articles. If I can get clearance from the principal, I plan on reenacting trench warfare next year using nerf guns!

My overall goal is to get them to retain what information I'm teaching them. If they can leave my class and remember at the end of the school year or even years later: "Oh! I remember when we Mr. T brought in Roman coins and WW2 helmets and talked to us about them!" I think I've succeeded to some extent.

Yes! The Roman coins are real! While there are certainly very rare and very expensive Roman coins, there are literally millions and millions of common coins out there that can be obtained for very cheap! A few gentlemen were kind enough to donate to me a lot of about 200 dirty roman coins. I had my students clean off the surface dirt to expose the details hidden beneath.

A nice, original Luftwaffe lid ! Original helmet strings can be found, which should
    not cost you all that much - maybe $10 or $12.

There is nothing like 'hands-on' lessons. These kids will not only remember
    the cool items they got to handle, but will also remember
    the great teacher they had............!
    Regards,

Steve.

wow.great coins.When i was a child i wanted to be an archaeologist.I love history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3