Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first combat helmet a M40 Luftwaffe with pictures! What do you think! Bugg has bitten me!!

Article about: I picked up this helmet because I always wanted on since I was a kid. After buying the other helmet I posted I went searching for a nice combat helmet. I played with a rusty vet bringback wh

3rdky
    ?

Default My first combat helmet a M40 Luftwaffe with pictures! What do you think! Bugg has bitten me!!

I picked up this helmet because I always wanted on since I was a kid. After buying the other helmet I posted I went searching for a nice combat helmet. I played with a rusty vet bringback when I was a kid that the neighbor had. That was in the 70s. This helmet is sweet and the nicest I will ever own since theses dont turn up here in West Kentucky. Shell is marked 1384 and SE62. Liner is marked 55. Chinstrap is even marked R. B. Nr. 0/1001/0038. Has nice pitina and came for a reputable sorce so hopfully its good which I think it is. Enjoy the pictures and know these are kinda commom but very rare where I am from. My fellow collector is goin to have a fix when he sees it. LOL

What ya think? Rough rusty nasty helmet!! LOL

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: My first combat helmet a M40 Luftwaffe with pictures! What do you think! Bugg has bitten me!!

Unless you get one mint unissued from the factory you will never upgrade that one. Very nice helmet.

Default Re: My first combat helmet a M40 Luftwaffe with pictures! What do you think! Bugg has bitten me!!

Nice first , very nice liner and a nice strap as well.

Any idea what will be your second ?

iron cross
    ?

Great lid, hard to up grade from that

3rdky
    ?

I thank everyone for their nice comments. I'll never own another that nice. I have that one and the Luftschutz I posted a few days ago. I dont know what my next helmet will be. I like one of each combat styles M35 and M42. Like one to be infantry. It'll take time to hunt and see what I find. My brother has a shell he got a flemarket many years ago that I'm going to get for restoration. It was turned into a bikers helmet. Its just a shell with no original paint but has the rivets and liner ring. Painted ungodly blue. When I go get it I'll post pictures of it. I want to see it brought back to its glory. I hope its a M35 shell. I always liked the looks of the double decal helmets and the apple green color. Classic German helmet! Looking through the posts some of you all have some great helmets yourselves. I thank you again!!