Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My first german helmet

Article about: I thought I would show my first German helmet. I don't know much about them. On the inside rim in has Q61 over N368. The chin strap has been broken but, is still attached has gtg 1943 stampe

Default Re: My first german helmet

The last pic shows a very dark green to me.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first german helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    The last pic shows a very dark green to me.........
    +1 and I like the age and patina in this photo. Looking forward to seeing some more pics!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Picture boxes can be touchy. Sunlight is always the best. Brings out the true colors and shades of the paint.
    Picture boxes work fine but you must use what they call 'daylight lamps' which have a Kelvin value equal to real daylight , if you don't have adequate lighting your picture box is next to useless as these exterior photos prove.

The helmet has some good points so the black paint may not be a post war thing.

?

Here are the pictures I took today. I don't see any evidence of any stickers. The black paint looks pretty old to me, but again I'm no expert.
    I did some reading about Biscari and read about the Biscari massacre in 1943. Man, I did not even know about it.
    Thanks
    Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first german helmet   My first german helmet  

My first german helmet   My first german helmet  

I like it! If helmets could only talk.......and dont tease up with pictures of your pool, us people up north are freezing our butts off right now hahahaha

MUCH better photos. Maybe it wasn't a helmet painted black and used by a biker post-war after all... Maybe just a darker color paint was used to reissue it during the war?

Didn't Flak units paint their helmets black at times also? Either way, cool helmet... really like the Vet provenance!

?

Thanks for the help guys. Yea it's pretty warm here. Not warm enough to swim though.
    Jay

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Didn't Flak units paint their helmets black at times also? Either way, cool helmet... really like the Vet provenance!
    Yes, they did.

I'm thinking if this paint is period, it could have possibly been used by Flak units, but i'm not 100% sure.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Yes, they did.

I'm thinking if this paint is period, it could have possibly been used by Flak units, but i'm not 100% sure.
    It supposedly having been picked up at an airfield might be another circumstantial pointer that would support the Flak theory as well... at the very least it doesn't detract from the possibility.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast