Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first german ww2 relic helmet

Article about: This will be my first post on this forum. I haven´t collected anything other than original ww2 photos and some smaller objects before, but I bought this relic helmet about a week ago. I woul

Default Re: My first german ww2 relic helmet

Nice choice! it's a great helmet to have, and to kick start a helmet collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first german ww2 relic helmet
    P
    Many

...it was mine at one point its a very nice one looks to have been in a fire & you can just make out the eagle decal very nice indeed...

Yes, it´s the same Now it´s my turn to hold on to it for a while Got it for about the same price as you. According to the seller it was found in France, he wasn´t more specific.

Many thanks for your replys, make me feel welcome in your (our) community. My dream is to own a helmet with winter camouflage, ground relic or not, but it´s my understanding I´m not the only one Demjansk Battefield militaria has a few but most are sold. But I keep on looking. I would be more than happy to see your winter camouflage helmets, anyones for sale through this forum? I hope that question was ok to ask, please delete it otherways.

A lot of my dearest photos are from the Eastern front during wintertime. Even though I live in Sweden my grandfather fought in Russia, but survived the war (the officer in the middle amongst the helmets)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first german ww2 relic helmet  

?

its possible it was found in France originally but the person i got it from dident know either but i do know were the seller this time around got it from & it wasn't me as i sold this & a few others some time ago to someone i knew now they're doing the rounds with slightly dodgy descriptions !!!!!!!

but all that aside it is indeed a very nice lid one of the better ones i did own & well worth it

?

Quote by snixprix View Post
    ...it was mine at one point its a very nice one looks to have been in a fire & you can just make out the eagle decal very nice indeed...

Yes, it´s the same Now it´s my turn to hold on to it for a while Got it for about the same price as you. According to the seller it was found in France, he wasn´t more specific.

Many thanks for your replys, make me feel welcome in your (our) community. My dream is to own a helmet with winter camouflage, ground relic or not, but it´s my understanding I´m not the only one Demjansk Battefield militaria has a few but most are sold. But I keep on looking. I would be more than happy to see your winter camouflage helmets, anyones for sale through this forum? I hope that question was ok to ask, please delete it otherways.

A lot of my dearest photos are from the Eastern front during wintertime. Even though I live in Sweden my grandfather fought in Russia, but survived the war (the officer in the middle amongst the helmets)
    What units did your grandfather serve with ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    What units did your grandfather serve with ?
    Hi Paul, I wish I could tell you. My grandmother died in a car accident shortly after the war, and my grandfather never spoke about the war according to my mother and her brothers. They live in Germany and it´s first in the later years that they´ve started an interest in ww2 and their and my familys history. Most pictures and documents were lost I guess when my grandmother and children fled from the Russians. According to one of her brothers he served with Cossacks on the eastern front (he supposedly has a picture), but was later transfered to the west and finally captured at the banks of the river Rhein. But I don´t know for sure. What I do know is that he was a hard man, just like his father who came back from ww1. War often changes people. Another photo I´ve got doesn´t reviel much either, could be regular officer shoulder boards. Sorry about the lenghty answer to a short question
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first german ww2 relic helmet  

My Luftwaffe helmet on display, resting on a cut-up 88-mm cartrigde case, surrounded by MG-links with a couple of relic rounds, and finally a Res.Flak.Abt-ID tag

They are not lying. Boy is it addictive. Met local older Gentleman several months ago, he's been collecting since the early 1960s. He is getting older and looking to part out some of his collection. Started out w/tiger luftwaffe model 1, then purchased Luftwaffe model 2 both mint daggers. Then went on to purchase 3 tank badges, 2 bronze, 1silver. Then had to have glider badge, flak assault, several flags, nice rzm armband and alot of other things. Need to slow down going broke. any I guess I have been fortunate to come across someone i trust and has a lot of knowledge in the hobby . When i come accross new things im able to consult him. Boy you should see his lifetime collection, its like a museum. Anyway be carefu,l you might have to get another job to support your new habbit. Good luck!

?

Quote by snixprix View Post
    Hi Paul, I wish I could tell you. My grandmother died in a car accident shortly after the war, and my grandfather never spoke about the war according to my mother and her brothers. They live in Germany and it´s first in the later years that they´ve started an interest in ww2 and their and my familys history. Most pictures and documents were lost I guess when my grandmother and children fled from the Russians. According to one of her brothers he served with Cossacks on the eastern front (he supposedly has a picture), but was later transfered to the west and finally captured at the banks of the river Rhein. But I don´t know for sure. What I do know is that he was a hard man, just like his father who came back from ww1. War often changes people. Another photo I´ve got doesn´t reviel much either, could be regular officer shoulder boards. Sorry about the lenghty answer to a short question
    Thanks for the reply , a shame more info isn't available as he will have had an interesting war fighting with the Cossaks.

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2