Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first helmet.

Article about: by DougB Hi Pat, no it was all hockey for me at that age! But I have always liked reading the history of WW1 and 2 and have been fortunate enough since to have toured most of the battlefield

?

Default Re: My first helmet.

For crying out loud Doug, even your first helmet is immaculate depite its age and the missing pins, no wonder your mindset is always looking for the best there is, and that wound stripe is a real nice feature, ive never heard about or seen that before but its definately worth knowing, so it was well worth showing it and i dont blame you for not entertaining a sale on it, the first helmet is always something special, unfortunately i gave my first one to my nephew who was starting to collect but his mother decided to throw it in the bin a few years later

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first helmet.
    P
    Many

wow doug how did i guess that even your first one would be brilliant love the wound stripe adds a bit of character to it were abouts does it sit on your wall of helmets?
    thanks for sharing

tom

Fantastic Doug, what a brilliant start to a great collecting future, do you think you'll stick at it? (lol)

Simply amazing!

What a stunner!!

That fingerprint is amazing!

?

Nice way to start off your collection. May I ask you Doug, which is your favourite helmet? And if it is not too much trouble, please show us the chosen gem.

Regards,

Carl

?

Quote by carltiger View Post
    Nice way to start off your collection. May I ask you Doug, which is your favourite helmet? And if it is not too much trouble, please show us the chosen gem.

Regards,

Carl
    Thanks for all the compliments guys, and carltiger your looking at my favourite! I tend to move around favourite to favourite with my others but I will post up another favourite soon.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    For crying out loud Doug, even your first helmet is immaculate depite its age and the missing pins, no wonder your mindset is always looking for the best there is, and that wound stripe is a real nice feature, ive never heard about or seen that before but its definately worth knowing, so it was well worth showing it and i dont blame you for not entertaining a sale on it, the first helmet is always something special, unfortunately i gave my first one to my nephew who was starting to collect but his mother decided to throw it in the bin a few years later
    It took nearly 30 years to find out what that stripe was, it wasnt until noted WW1 collector and editor JPS joined GHW and posted 2 grey ones. He was a wealth of knowledge. Nobody ever knew what this was, never been in any books and after I posted it, I saw one on eBay listed with the "Austrian Wound Stripe" so you know the fakers watch the forums.

?

My apologies Doug, I was too busy admiring the lid and I didn't pay nearly enough attention to the text. It's a problem I carried over from school...

Super helmet, thanks again for sharing it with us all.

Regards,

Carl

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast