Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questions

Article about: by Historian76 "Ron owns 1500-1600 German helmets of all kinds. It truly is incredible." Good god that's a lot of helmets. You should see the rest of his collection. That is only t

?

Quote by Historian76 View Post
    "Ron owns 1500-1600 German helmets of all kinds. It truly is incredible."

Good god that's a lot of helmets.
    You should see the rest of his collection. That is only the helmets.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questions
    P
    Many

Here's a picture of the crimped rim, working with my phone camera again. Upon closer review with a bright flashlight, I see no marks whatsoever on the inside or outside of the lid. It does appear to be painted over. However, I have experience with painted metal from my job and I feel like there would at least be some visible evidence through paint. But maybe not as I don't know how thick the paint is, it's consistency etc.

Nice early "droop tail" there , nice find! Leon.

Thanks Leon. When you say "droop tail", is that simply as opposed to a Fallschirmjager?

Jim

Quote by Historian76 View Post
    Thanks Leon. When you say "droop tail", is that simply as opposed to a Fallschirmjager?

Jim
    Hi Jim , no the "droop tail" is just a term used for the style of the early Luftwaffe decal. If you look at this decal it is "fatter" in appearance to the standard later decal(above) and also because the adlers head looks downwards it gives the impression that the tail drops further under the adler , hence "droop"! Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images My First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questions 

Thanks again Leon.

I pulled out the nice camera and snapped the two decals again.

My First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questionsMy First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questions

And the rest of the helmet.

My First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questionsMy First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questionsMy First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questionsMy First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questionsMy First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questionsMy First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questionsMy First Helmet - Luftwaffe - few questions

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3