Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?

Article about: Hey everyone. I've purchased my first German WWII helmet and wanted to get some feedback. I'm trying to figure out if it is genuine or not. It seems to be a M35 since the air vent port is se

Default My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?

Hey everyone. I've purchased my first German WWII helmet and wanted to get some feedback. I'm trying to figure out if it is genuine or not. It seems to be a M35 since the air vent port is separate from the helmet. It has a single decal on the left, and I would really appreciate someone giving their two cents as to whether it is real. I know repro decals are prevalent. It also seems like there is a remnant of a covered up red-white-black decal on the right side. The liner is intact, as is the chinstrap. It is marked EF62 which I gather means it was made by Emaillierwerke A.G. (kind of hard to see in the pictures) and has what I assume is a serial or issue number. Please let me know what you all think. If you want any more specific pictures let me know. Thanks! My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Helmet: M35 Single Decal, what do you all think?
    P
    Many

Quote by bonzofreak48 View Post
    and has what I assume is a serial or issue number.
    That is referred to as the lot number.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Looks like a field repainted M35 with the trip color removed as per regulations. Double band aluminum liner. The "serial" number you reference is actually a batch / lot number to indicate what batch of steel was used. My be my eyes but looks like it says EF68...but I'm looking at this from a cell phone so could be wrong. Can't comment at the moment on my views on the decal (screen too small)

From these pictures I can't see if the split pins have been messed with but they do look loose. Maybe just due to wear and tear? But also maybe indicating the liner has been played with/replaced

I'm optimistic but will need to see on my PC before I'm convinced. Hopefully others will be around soon
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, I'm with Michael on this one, looks like a nice field over paint M35, well done. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Still getting my feet wet on decals. So here goes my analysis (faulty or correct I don't know.)

Does not look like the "standard" EF decal that was used , but closer to a Huber Jordan. Which is still OK from what I have read for factory applied decals (albeit the example I saw was for an M42). Primarily due to the shadow around the Swaz and the tips of the feathers. Details of the claws match up pretty much as well. Happy for agreement or disagreement.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, I like this helmet, it looks like a pocher decal to me, the liner is original but slightly distorted, with loose split pins which could suggest the liner has been swapped or played around with as map noted but I think this is a good first helmet.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    Hi, I like this helmet, it looks like a pocher decal to me, the liner is original but slightly distorted, with loose split pins which could suggest the liner has been swapped or played around with as map noted but I think this is a good first helmet.
    You are correct. A Pocher. LoL...I skipped over that page in the book. stuck together

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm mostly worried about the decal. The rest seems original from what I can gather. And I guess the liner could have been messed with since the pins are loose, but as long as it's original I don't really care. Could also be loose because of normal wear I guess. I was also amazed how small it is.... Size 55 liner.... Seems almost child sized. I have a small head and it is still super small...

MAP
    ?

Decal is fine. Interesting to note that Pochers are the least common type found on EF helmets (according to Ken N's Decal book). He has an example on page 66 on an EF. This one made in 1938. Given that your liner (if original, check the split pins to see if they were bent) is a re-enforced aluminum liner band (which came out around 37/38), ties nicely with your helmet.

And yes, the 62's are small. I'm small myself (my 14 year old sons head is bigger than mine) and can't fit a 62 shell....

Thanks MAP. Can you elaborate on how to check the aluminum band? Also, why do you say it would tie nicely, is it because it means they are both early war? Another question, if this was a repainted m35, was it literally repainted by a soldier in the field? You can see the directions of the strokes where they painted around the decal. It also looks a little sloppy in the sense that they painted over the decal a little.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast