Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My first M40 Heer single decal helmet for review

Article about: I just say to my partner that a least I'll get my money back if not more if I had to sell. Not like a car or a trail bike extra. With some my mate's hobbys. And once you have have little bit

Default Re: My first M40 Heer single decal helmet for review

Just wonder How much did you pay for your M 40 ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first M40 Heer single decal helmet for review
    P
    Many

Very nice first helmet, congratulations

I also don't see anything wrong with the liner, if it where Norwegian dyed it would be a more uniform colour throughout. I think the darkening around the edges is probably sweat stained or just from general wear. Chinstrap looks good from what I can see in the pictures with matching age/wear to the liner.

This will be the first of many!

Chris.

?

Thank you everyone for your comments. I've taken some more pics of the liner and strap. Its raining cats and dogs here so natural light is a bit of an issue. The colouring of the liner is not uniform and appears darker around the brow. The strap appears old and is quite stiff / brittle. The helmet set me back $850USD and has a return guarantee to be original. I definitely think this could be the start of a larger collection but I might have to hide them from the wife so I don't get divorced.

My first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for reviewMy first M40 Heer single decal helmet for review

I think that's a great looking m40, congrats!

?

I would agree. With the other comments, nice original helmet ,good liner and c/s, definitely not
    Like any Norwegian coloured liner I've seen, just a nice age toned leather

?

Nice Helmet , wish I could find one . Ok that said ,can you tell me why the size 66 is important .
    Bob

?

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I'm glad that the general consensus is that the helmet is original. Six months of searching for one at the right price and condition seems to have paid off. Now the search for the next item begins.

Nice lid. Congrats - it looks great.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Regarding the size, collectors just tend to prefer bigger sizes. The proportions match out well on a 66 I think too. I don't really care personally, you guys are welcome to send me your unwanted 60's and 62's

I have a few 64's and a big soup pot 68, but no 66 yet which would fit my head perfectly btw, I like your SD M40 that was my first helmet also, I have a few more along with alot of other stuff and I am still married lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast