Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

my german helmet relics

Article about: just wanted to share my german helmet relics with you.

?

Default Re: my german helmet relics

nice relic lids!

I would suggest a mild restoration on the first ones posted, to block the rusting process.

The SS lid is nice, pity for the varnishing though!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my german helmet relics
    P
    Many

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Dave,

I think I remember your SS helmet as one of the first that Kev Greenhalgh found while digging around Fally, he turns up no end of stuff, Bergen Belsen in comparison is pretty bare as they withdrew in good order.
    I think the best he found was a Spanish cuff title in reasonable condition considering its buirial.

Regards

Jock

Yes thats the one, Ive got a Para helmet off him too from Seelow heights and had a few other things.

I too like relic helmets, there is something more real about them knowing they saw action pehaps ?

A few more helmets mainly relics ive had/got I still got atleast one other relic SS but can just make out the silver rather than any runes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my german helmet relics   my german helmet relics  

great lids guys , i just love them , im amazed at how popular they have become over the last few years , i think it has alot to do with the fact that you can see they are from the battle field , heres one of mine ,cheers Raymond
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my german helmet relics   my german helmet relics  

my german helmet relics  

?

I rather have a cool relic than a mint helmet..Relics have combat scars,they come directly from the battlefield where they were left 60 yrs ago,, Here are some of mine

?

Quote by Luis22 View Post
    I rather have a cool relic than a mint helmet..Relics have combat scars,they come directly from the battlefield where they were left 60 yrs ago,, Here are some of mine
    Wired one

I like them too! In fact any relic item.
    Here is my M35 double decal WH.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my german helmet relics  

I like how the decal is hanging in there Stuka , neat lid .
    The wired helmet is awesome Luis , cheers Raymond

hey Raymond, those decals are so incredebly strong!

?

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    Don't know why but I just love relic helmets John
    I think the reason people like these relics so much is two fold:

1) As has been mentioned, there is in all likelihood, an unknown tragic story that goes with these.

2) There is little doubt that the helmet is the real thing. Not too many guys faking relics... well, at least not yet.

Very nice helmets! I really like the SS one. Oops did not realize this thread was old...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast