Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35

Article about: I managed to get this one in today, and quite a pretty one she is too It is an EF62, #15033. Ex double decal but had the tricolour removed very cleanly in the second half of 1940. Factory ap

Talking My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35

I managed to get this one in today, and quite a pretty one she is too

My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35

It is an EF62, #15033. Ex double decal but had the tricolour removed very cleanly in the second half of 1940. Factory apple green paint is about 98% with a great patina, the whole package looks untouched. The Heer decal is beautiful, and must rate at something around 98% too. The liner is a really nice golden brown colour and dated 1939 on the band, the strap is dated 1940. Nicely named on the skirt to 'Strasser' of '2 Stabskompanie' or '2nd Headquarters Company'. I suppose this means the owner was likely to have been an officer? I'd like to try and research the name but I'm not sure how likely that is, without a FP number etc. If anyone can assist in this I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction

My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35
    My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35
    P
    Many

Default Re: My latest has arrived, not a bad Heer SD M35

thats a really nice lid, named helmets are the best

There she be! I love this one. You did very well, Andy.

Beautiful lid Andy, they don't come better than this. Love the name and that decal

Jason

Thanks chaps

Todd, she arrived at 7 this morning, I bolted out of bed when I heard the dog go nuts at the door. I slept in trousers to save time

It is so nice to see a unmessed with lid for a change. Very nice congrats

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Excellent looking lid in fantastic condition, will you be treating the white mould on the leather, i would hate to see this progress on such a nice liner

Quote by davejb View Post
    Excellent looking lid in fantastic condition, will you be treating the white mould on the leather, i would hate to see this progress on such a nice liner
    Thanks mate, I'm very very pleased with this one

I'd welcome any advice on the liner Dave, I was wondering about that this morning. It's not at all bad at this point, but I'd consider some kind of very mild approach.

It's got a bit of mildew starting, I've encountered it on horse tack that has got damp. To remove it correctly the liner needs gently treating with a 50/50 mixture of water and rubbing alcohol applied sparingly with a clean sponge or cloth. Dry it with another clean cloth as best you can and leave in a cool place to completely dry. Then treat sparingly with a fine application of neutral leather preservative if neccessary. Remember, go easy, don't soak it in either treatments! That'll prevent anymore spores appearing again.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

First off you need to get rid of that white fungus, use a damp cloth, not wet, and wipe the whole liner over, do not wipe the rear, allow the damp to dry then apply a very mild baby soap on a damp cloth, dont use too much because you dont want to make a lather, again wipe off with a damp cloth, allow to dry then apply a leather cream, i use Lord Sheratons Leather Balsam, it cleans , protects, and revives leather of any type or age, it will also protect it from mould reforming, try this method on a small section first and see what results you get, i think you will be pleased

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast