Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My M35 Helmet

Article about: A couple of pictures of my M35 I picked up last year. As far as I can tell, the liner has never been removed. The washers are a very tight fit. There is a bit of pitting and loss of paint, b

Default Re: My M35 Helmet

Quote by oradour View Post
    panelvan,
    i was in Stensbys recently, yes its still there !....there is still a small amount of German militaria in the shop, for sale at high prices.....
    The Stensby's you see now is just a shadow of it's former self. the original Stensby's was situated further down the hill and on the other side of the road. The shop that is there now is more or less opposite where the outdoor market used to be. There was also a shop near by that sold military radio's and other junk. While in Tib Street there was an Army & Navy stores that sold all kinds of stuff. I recall there being a lot of 'C' type flying helmets and unissued Para helmets at rediculously low prices. There used to be a wooden shed at the Shudehill market where a dealer sold all kinds of militaria. I recall he once had an absolutely mint Luftwaffe M35 helmet that looked as though it had never been issued. Picklehauben went for about £5 a time. But of course the last war had only been over about 20 years at that time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M35 Helmet
    P
    Many

HARRY THE MOLE, those were the days !....i can only remember the present site of Stensbys, i started to visit it from about the age of 11,(Sept 67') when i was sent to big school in the centre of Manchester, although i have memories of the market on Shude Hill, wild fowl, pets etc and the old 'worldy' pub at the bottom with the huge wooden 'boars' head jutting out from the wall. (then they knocked most of it down to build the Arndale Centre), I used to go to a couple of small militaria shops on Fennel St and in an arcade opposite (long gone).

nice combat item !

Sebastien.

Quote by S.Vestae View Post
    nice combat item !

Sebastien.
    if you refer to my helmet [ panelvan ] thanks.more pictures of luftwaffe one in another post. cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2