Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My M35 helmet

Article about: by ironcross1 RR , very nice job on your , looks like M40 , it has come up awesome , did you put the rust remover on the decals , cheers Raymond Hi Raymond I washed all the shell surface, de

?

Default re: My M35 helmet

the only time brown as far as i know was ever used was for camo not as a main paint job???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M35 helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: My M35 helmet

this decal?
    is fake
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M35 helmet  

?

yes it certainly is thats to bad no wonder it was so cheap its just a poor condition relic helmet that some idiot has messed with yet again

Yes, it is fake decal.

Cheers, Ade.

i red in some topics there was some substance witch you can treat rust with what is it and were can i buy it?

?

allot of people use Oxalic Acid on this type of lid if you use eBay you can get it of there & try that but you need to be extremely careful with it !!!!!!!

the helmet is a total mess
    what do you think about resoring the outside by sanding it filling it with filler were needid and lose the rainbow of colors

the acid can be bought with 10%acid 90% other stuff
    do i need it pure?

?

well to be honest mate you can try & do some sort of restoration job but it will never look good in any way or you could try slapping paint stripper all over it as i did with mine & i found that this softened the filler enough for me to be able to chip & scrape the filler out just takes time & elbow grease. but ive never used the acid so im not sure how pure or not it need to be ??????

R.R
    ?

Quote by michiel kruger View Post
    i red in some topics there was some substance witch you can treat rust with what is it and were can i buy it?
    Hi Michiel

I used these products bellow to clean my M40 shell, both are "Rust Converters" or "Rust Neutralizer". They are common products in Brazilian's paint stores and I suppose there are similar products in your contry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M35 helmet   My M35 helmet  

My M35 helmet   My M35 helmet  

My M35 helmet   My M35 helmet  

Hi Michiel ,at the end of the day what you have is a rusted , probaly battle damaged shell , if it were mine i would try to get it back to what it was before it was messed with , i would use paint stripper to remove all the paint and crap and pick away all the bog put in to hide the damage , that way you end up with something that is as close as original before being touched . RR , very nice job on your , looks like M40 , it has come up awesome , did you put the rust remover on the decals , cheers Raymond

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast