Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My M40 Luftwaffe SD helmet

Article about: Hi All, Have been a little lame in posting pictures of my collection but I have had a little more spare time recently so have started to make the effort and do a few items a day . Here is my

Default My M40 Luftwaffe SD helmet

Hi All,
    Have been a little lame in posting pictures of my collection but I have had a little more spare time recently so have started to make the effort and do a few items a day . Here is my rather salty M40 single decal Luftwaffe ET 64 Lot 855 helmet with brushed blue/grey overpaint. It is carefully painted around the bird as you may or may not see from the pictures?? The liner is missing the rear pin but the liner is still held in tight by the front two pins and IMO the liner looks like it has never been out of the helmet. The liner itself is fairly brittle, especially in one spot on the right hand side where it is possibly affected by blood or perhaps just poor storage??. The decal has seen better days but I am fairly certain it is original and ties in with the overall wear to the helmet. Hope you enjoy, any comments appreciated as always,
    Cheers, Chris.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M40 Luftwaffe SD helmet   My M40 Luftwaffe SD helmet  

My M40 Luftwaffe SD helmet   My M40 Luftwaffe SD helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M40 Luftwaffe SD helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: My M40 Luftwaffe SD helmet

Nice reissue mate, liner might be blood damage from the dark localised staining around the worst of the damage. It might be the pics but the decal looks like it might be touched up?

A good salty veteran overall, I like the look of her

I can see where Andy is coming from on the decal. I have been staring at the decal for a while now. I don't see any red flags to say its bad, but a lot of key areas are missing or distorted. I'd say its a good reissue. Decal could be touched up, could not be, but it really doesn't take away from the overall look. Good looking reissue helmet. These are fun to collect as they all have their own unique look and features.

Thanks for your comments fellas. In hand, the area of white on the birds left shoulder looks to be where someone has attempted to clean the decal at some point, I have often wondered about the prominent outline of the decal though, possibly touched in with a fine brush at some point?? Not recently though. I would agree that it takes nothing from the overall appearance of the helmet though, it'll definitely be in my collection for a long time, cheers, Chris.

?

Nice overpainted LW helmet, I agree that the outline of the decal looks to have been redone at some time.

Brad.

A helmet with plenty of character,a fine addition to any shelf!! As for the decal,i too think it's original to the helmet but has had a bit of a paint job done to it.

Nice lufty Chris - helmets like these hold a world of stories that we can only imagine! A great one to sit around with your mates and tell lies about!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

very nice radidas thanks for a small peek into your collection ,keep up the postings ,james

There are some variations of the Luftwaffe second pattern decal with a dark outline like this, but so far I agree with what everyone else has said, this one looks touched up.

Corey

lovely helmnet! Thanks for sharing it with us. Those lids really can tell history much more than any mint lid could ever do.