Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My New addition Double Decal Non Relic Helmet. What do you think?

Article about: Again the aloof schwerpunkt has spoken. I don't know why you feel you need to attack me when I am only asking for clarification so I and all of us can learn more. I am in no way jealous, if

?

Default My New addition Double Decal Non Relic Helmet. What do you think?

This is another helmet i picked up today. I am not a German Helmet collector, but they are starting to grow on me. The bloke i am purchasing these from still has ten more in various condition, so i need some expert opinions as i obtain them. I assume the liner has been replaced at some stage, and the other decal has been removed for some reason, but i am very happy with it. Opinions please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New addition Double Decal Non Relic Helmet. What do you think?   My New addition Double Decal Non Relic Helmet. What do you think?  

My New addition Double Decal Non Relic Helmet. What do you think?   My New addition Double Decal Non Relic Helmet. What do you think?  

My New addition Double Decal Non Relic Helmet. What do you think?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New addition Double Decal Non Relic Helmet. What do you think?
    P
    Many

Default Re: My New addition Double Decal Non Relic Helmet. What do you think?

Looks good from my end! Nice DD M35 lid! Liner band and liner look good. The other decal was removed on the field as ordered to by higher command. Looks like a very nice lid! How much you score this one for? Remember me if you plan to leave some with the seller or sell some off!

?

Hello VolksJager, thank you for the info. I am interested as to why the other decal was removed in the field. As i am a novice in this area, i would like to learn as much as i can about German helmets. I have over 30 Aussie lids, and about 15 German lids in a variety of condition. Quite a few of my helmets are in relic condition, so it is nice to find some here in Aussie that are complete and not DAK.

Ohh nice sounding collection. Hard to find good german lids in OZ, DAK lids are quite sort after as well. Its one the of the examples I dont have to.

Anyways the lid you have is an M35, the model of helmet that started the war for germany. You can tell this model because of the separate air vents. Later models had pressed vents. Whermacht lids were finished in a pea green (as you have) and the majority were Double decal. In 1940 an order was given that the national shield was to be scraped off from the right hand side, which the original owner of your helmet did. They were also painted over, or some were left alone ( see my DD M35 Luftwaffe afew topics down in this forum). Inside you should have a square bail chinstrap conectors on the early models (which you do as well). Finally NS was the maker of your lid ( Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke, Schwerte ) and 64 is the size. The numbers on the rear skirt is the batch number, the lower it is, the earlier it was made.

Hope this helps mate.

?

Thanks again for your help VolksJager. The DAK lids were a popular souvenir by the AIF, so there are still quite a few around here, but the caps are very hard to find. I am always willing to trade down the track for any 2/48th slouch hats, or uniforms, you may come across. I shall post more photos of the helmets as i obtain them. Thanks mate.

I'm sorry to say that this is a helmet with a fake decal , liner leather doesn't belong either.

Be careful with blokes who have treasure troves where you are the only one deemed worthy to purchase them ...

?

Hard to find nice lids here in oz that aren't as expensive as a new car!!!! Good score mate, even if th liner is replaced. I have a WW1 auusie shell and a relic WW2 shell I found near Darwin. Got s lot of relic stuff around Darwin and m going back there for a year or so later this year....need a metal detector this time. I have mainly German stuff bu one nice Aussie gear as well. There are a lot of us Aussies around on this forum!!!!

Quote by qotd View Post
    Good score mate, even if th liner is replaced.!!!!
    You forgot the part about the fake decal...

?

Hello Schwerpunkt , thank you for your reply. As mentioned i am a novice in this field, and would like to know more about the decal ID on this helmet. What is the obvious detail that i am missing?

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    You forgot the part about the fake decal...
    mmm ok, i wasnt quite sure on the decal, was waiting for a more expert opinion, and didnt want o take it upon myself to say the decal was suspect....i thought it looked a bit too good.....

But once again, my mate, can you please explain to us, and our new Aussie mate your reasons for suspecting the decal as fake. To me it looks suspect because it looks too new and doesn't fit the overall patina of the shell, and looks a though it was placed over the aged shell, then aged. what, in your opinion, makes this a fake eagle. once again my nemesis, you throw out the fake argument, with no evidence given your experience and knowledge on the subject, and I will not accept the excuse you have used in the past it is a waste of your time to explain why, If you bother to throw out this automated reply, then obviously you feel the need to express your opinion, but for the grace of god tell us why???? Dont just sit there with your collection of authentic helemts and SS DD normandy shells and your vast library of reference books and just say "its fake" you are obviously knowledgeable in this arer and lets help an ew collector learn and gain some knowledge......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast