Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

my new german police helmet

Article about: Hello This is my new steel helmet.

Default Re: my new german police helmet

Quote by Nifartachi View Post
    Hi,

Is there something fischy with those decals, or they just are very well preserved?
    Not In my opinion. The helmet is right as rain. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my new german police helmet
    P
    Many

Yeah, Jim, that's for sure now. I've asked that because you know how things are in this area... "If it's too great to be true... then it ain't".

For how much would you like to sell it, Matthias?

On many of the late war Q 64 m 40 DD Field Police helmets the party shields are wavy, due probably to poor application at the factory. I have a mint example, and the party shield looks like it is doing a hoola dance, but it is absolutely right. If I ever figure out how to post a picture on this site, I will put it up. Jim G.

UrkundenSammler
    ?

Hi,
    The helmet is now on sale

Jan
    ?

I would like to hear motivated opinions from collectors on why this isn´t a reproduction. Almost bought it but a moment ago but something stopped me... Maybe its really looks too good to be true :/. Someone told me you really need to smell it to be sure.

Rgds Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    I would like to hear motivated opinions from collectors on why this isn´t a reproduction. Almost bought it but a moment ago but something stopped me... Maybe its really looks too good to be true :/. Someone told me you really need to smell it to be sure.

Rgds Jan
    It isn't a reproduction because it was made before 1945.

UrkundenSammler
    ?

This helmet is original in all parts!

Quote by Jan View Post

Rgds Jan
    The paint is the correct color and texture for Q m40 police shells, the liner is a "one looker", the decals are the proper style (the bordered police eagle is identical to all other police eagles on M40 Q shells that I have seen down to the shading of the feathers on the bird's left side) and dimensions for Q helmets (check the new Niewiarowicz book which has very good photos which should convince even the most hardened skeptic on this point), and it is clear that the decals are shiny due to the period application of laquer to preserve them. There is absolutely nothing that I can see that calls the originality of any part of the helmet into question. I bought my example, which is in a bit better shape, and which has a chin strap, about 12 months ago for a bargain price of $1,200. You can find a similar piece on Bill Shea's site, The Rupturedduck now at about $1,300 which isn't as nice as this one. If I recall, the one on Bill's site has a wavy party shield similar to my example. Anyway, this is a good piece, and there shouldn't be any problem selling it. Jim G.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Good one, decal condition matches the helmet overall.
    Jan, that's what the guru helmet says. If you like the price, jump for it!

Jan
    ?

I love it though I can´t smell it..bought it!

Rgds Jan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast