Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My new luftwaffe field Divsion

Article about: Thanks Doug I will await your photos

Default My new luftwaffe field Divsion

I just picked this up today. I am being told that it is a Luftwaffe Field Division helmet. I belive that it is a M42 because it does not have a rolled edge. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Have a look let me know what you think. Enjoy.

Ray.

My new luftwaffe field DivsionMy new luftwaffe field DivsionMy new luftwaffe field DivsionMy new luftwaffe field DivsionMy new luftwaffe field DivsionMy new luftwaffe field Divsion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new luftwaffe field Divsion
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new luftwaffe field Divsion

It is an M42. I don't know how I feel about the paint, a rather unusual color I don't much care for. I think more detailed pics are needed of the interior. I have doubts about the net. It almost looks new with no wear on the paint. Can you try for more pics in natural light, and close ups? From what I can see I would pass on it. I hope I'm wrong.

The Helmet net was added to the helmet by the previous owner. I will add more pics of the interior in a few minutes. It's dark here in Germany so I dont really have natural light right now . I will see if I can get some better pictures of the paint. My wife says it's basiclly a light forest green. I am colorblind so I can't really tell you.

Ray

?

Very strange color and post war applied IMO. Definitively not a reissue paint job. It's not painted on the inside of the dome. Only painted around the skirt. M42

Regards, Lars

A post war painted helmet for sure , maybe used by the Danes after the war.

?

The Danes??? Why drag my country into this I know a lot of our "civil defense" and fire brigades used them post war. But as far as i remember they were black. Some with an extra leather skirt around the neck area.

Regards, Lars

The guy I got this from, is a pretty reputable guy. He has never steered me wrong. Is there anyway to tell if was post-war applied or war time field applied?

Ray

Post-war,If I remenber correctly the German or Austrian Border guarders at one time used them with this color on them.
    chris

?

Quote by rayvinton View Post
    The guy I got this from, is a pretty reputable guy. He has never steered me wrong. Is there anyway to tell if was post-war applied or war time field applied?

Ray
    Personally i doubt that any field/combat soldier would apply this color paint. Just my opinion Can you post a good macro shot of the sanded down area? No flash please.

Regards, Lars

Regards, Lars

?

Can't see anything at all which would relate this helmet to a Luftwaffe Feld Divison !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast