Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My New LuftWaffe Lid!

Article about: Hello Volks! I just bought this yesterday. I am curious if it is an M35 or M40? It's marked Q62(Quist) and also has a lot number on rear skirt. The liner is there but is stretched tight from

?

Default My New LuftWaffe Lid!

Hello Volks! I just bought this yesterday. I am curious if it is an M35 or M40? It's marked Q62(Quist) and also has a lot number on rear skirt. The liner is there but is stretched tight from the heat or moister where it was stored. She also has her chin-straps but it's missing a 4 inch section as the tip is attached to the buckle side. The decal appears to be in great shape as well as the paint. Any suggestions or input is well appreciated.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New LuftWaffe Lid!   My New LuftWaffe Lid!  

My New LuftWaffe Lid!   My New LuftWaffe Lid!  

My New LuftWaffe Lid!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New LuftWaffe Lid!
    P
    Many

Default Re: My New LuftWaffe Lid!

A nice M40 Q, in a large size 68 shell. The liner looks like it has blood damage - probably did not end well for the poor soldier under the lid. Not much if anything can be done for the leather, but the exterior displays very well. Jim G.

?

Thanks! I was thinking it was probably an M40 but wasnt sure.That would be cool if it had blood damage but i'm not quite sure if it is. Thanks for the info!
    ~Dean

?

just curious, what does an item like this go for?

?

What does it go for, or what did I get it for? Those are two different things. It had a price tag of $400, but I talked him down to $280.
    ~Dean

?

where the hell ou find a helmet so nice for that price?? the closest store to me (which requires a ferry to get to) sell plain lids for a firm 300, and all the internet sites i see would sell that for at least 600? ;(
    makes me sad, but happy for yoy !!

all the best,
    Stefan

?

Yeah, i know it was a really great deal,Thanks! I got it from an army surplus store an hour away. I know a few guys that work there as well as the owner( my Aunt Donna dated him a while back) so I have connections, otherwise I would have paid full sticker price! There is also a Fur cap without insignia but appears to be luftwaffe as well for $175. Well I hope you come across a good deal.keep looking. look at auction sites,not always but ebay has good things once in a great while.Thanks again,Kid!
    ~Dean

?

very nice !! yeah looks like blood inside and just a nice luft helmet ! thanks for sharing it...

?

That is a very good price, and yes that certainly appears to be a blood damaged liner and probably chinstrap as well which is where it weakened and broke. On a side note I am not sure given a fellow human being was the one doing the bleeding it is cool, it speaks of the cost of war certainly.

Yep great lid and great deal. Agreed with doug about the blood. I have a blood damaged one as well and its a tad spooky, as it almost certain you know the ultimate end of the original owner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast