Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My New M40 German Steelhelmet

Article about: by Schwerpunkt Any liner you put in there will look out of place. I don't understand the pleasure in upgrading such a helmet but maybe that's just me. I'd use my funds to buy a helmet with l

Default Re: My New M40 German Steelhelmet

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Any liner you put in there will look out of place. I don't understand the pleasure in upgrading such a helmet but maybe that's just me. I'd use my funds to buy a helmet with liner , nice "No decal" ones that were found above ground are not that expensive ... yet.

I agree, no amount of refurbishing or cleaning will increase the value of a helmet. If you want to make it look good for your display, that is fine, but it is still a fake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New M40 German Steelhelmet
    P
    Many

Quote by tampalam View Post
    I agree, no amount of refurbishing or cleaning will increase the value of a helmet. If you want to make it look good for your display, that is fine, but it is still a fake.
    first of all it is not a fake, and i dont do it to sell them, i just think it is a shame to let them rust away, i like to restor them for my display, when you but a rotten helmet whit a liner in it it is still a rusty something that will rust and rus for ever, i like it when it is preserved for the future and stops rusting, there was no liner in it anymore and when i want a liner in it then mates i do one inside thats it, for shure a relic has some caracter as well but my oppinion is a restored relic can look better sometime

You are absolutely right klinger. The rust wasn't on the helmet when they fought with it. So that makes it more original when you remove it. Nice job! Really like it. I will give the oxalic a go on one of my winter camo's.
    My guess is SS single decal. But I could we wrong. Sure looks like an SS-edged decal.
    Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2