Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My New M42 SD

Article about: Well guys this one is coming home to my shelf, and marks my 2nd stahlhelm for the collection! Picked it up on a local "online only" auction. The auctioneer had it advertised as a W

Lets just say this helmet cost me the same amount that the wife and I spend on our weekly trip to Wal-Mart

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New M42 SD
    P
    Many

Hi, nothing wrong with this salty old "war dog"M42 HEER helmet. Looks like a typical barn find conditioned piece to me, I would just give it a light wipe down with a dry cloth and put it on the shelf! Well done. Leon.

Thanks Leon

That's a great score, an honest unmessed-with M42 with good paint, original liner and chinstrap! I have no doubt that this one will clean up beautifully with little effort...Well done!
    (I've got a barn-find Luftwaffe M42 on the way, looks a bit rougher than yours, but I hope to bring it back to life as well...)

cheers, Glenn

Thanks Glenn, would love to see your M42 when you get it in hand. Hope the chicken on your's is a little more intact than mine

So I should clean the surface with a damp cloth, and that's it?

Aaron, Congratulation on the m42 find. Not much can be added to all the other comment, yes it is a salty helmet but it is a honest helmet. Welcome to this great hobby of helmet collecting but remember you can tell your wife all day long "these helmet are an investment and I can sell them if I need too." IT WILL NOT WORK!!!! She will not believe you and you will not be able to let them go.
    Proud to have you here. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Maybe it's just my eyes, but I see two different paint colors?

Anyone else? Maybe just the dirt...

When you get the helmet take outside pictures. A camo would be nice.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

It would nice indeed! I'm not that lucky though

MAP
    ?

Quote by IllinoisCornFarmer90 View Post
    Maybe it's just my eyes, but I see two different paint colors?

Anyone else? Maybe just the dirt...
    Perr my comment earlier, I see the same thing....only in hand will tell. Could be nothing, post war touch up or...a camo....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast