Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""

Article about: Well I got one of the helmets in the mail I posted previously and I just wanted to share it. Salty and has some flaws but a nice salty example. There is a crack and im assuming it was done d

Default my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""

Well I got one of the helmets in the mail I posted previously and I just wanted to share it. Salty and has some flaws but a nice salty example. There is a crack and im assuming it was done during the war because I don't know why would someone do this, But I don't know, anyways take a peek. There is a little red paint inside the liner. $250 bucks not a bad deal?my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my new salty m40 with "battle damage?""
    P
    Many

$250 for a field repainted M40 named and with a chinstrap? ........... every day of the week!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Good deal!! I would have jumped on that one.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Agree! Good deal. It's salty but not destroyed. It's all there too.

That crack is interesting. Looks from the photo it was hit by a bullet but it could just be the light. But an odd place for a bullet strike.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Agree! Good deal. It's salty but not destroyed. It's all there too.

That crack is interesting. Looks from the photo it was hit by a bullet but it could just be the light. But an odd place for a bullet strike.
    Or a pick axe.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the comments. I like them a little salty and that has the bin there done that look. This guy has a few more im going to buy when I get extra $$. Regarding the crack, it's no pic that's for sure. Who know's, the soldier could of bin bending over and struck, strange things happened in Combat.

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Or a pick axe.
    Ralph.
    Yes, that was my original thought to "decommission" the helmet and often the most common

but....in looking at the picture I think I see a round indentation. Not a sharp or pointed indentation I would expect from a pick axe or a spike. Like a round nosed bullet. Know the 303 and 30-06 and Mosin rounds were FMJ pointed. So if a bullet, not sure if it was some old farmer taking a pot shot with an old musket
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah, I could always take a better photo, I always use my cell phone for photos. There is a round indentation there and most likely a bullet. It could be anything, but defiantly not a pic ax! . The same guy is still offering me the helmet with two bullet holes. He wants me to have it but so expsensive for a helmet with two holes in it. He says there are blood stains and crap but I have a K.I.A helmet with REAL blood stains and it looks nothing like the one with two bullet holes!

?

I agree with Mike on that one. It looks like a bullets splat and nothing that has a hardened pointed tip. No Matter what, that Rung somebodies bell if they were wearing it. And as far as the Helm goes I would not have a problem owning it. Congrats on that pic up Mr Potts
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

After the war many many german helmets were placed on the ground and a man went from helmet to helmet with a pick axe to crack the top of the helmet. rifles were buried in deep trenches down on the beaches, barrel up. Then buried only to be halfway removed 6months later to lat the rust destroy them. Big bundles of jackets were burned on the beaches, people can still find medals when the autuum stormes has passed.

Not my imagination, but what old officers told me many years ago.

Horrible, horrible to hear stories like that..