Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My only German Helmet

Article about: I have had this helmet for about 10 years. It is the only one I currently have. It is the only one I can afford at the moment but it is worth much more to me than the monitary value.

Default My only German Helmet

I have had this helmet for about 10 years. It is the only one I currently have. It is the only one I can afford at the moment but it is worth much more to me than the monitary value.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My only German Helmet   My only German Helmet  

My only German Helmet   My only German Helmet  

My only German Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My only German Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My only German Helmet

Very nice Luftschutz, two piece helmet with a good decal, and nice label , shame theres no liner but you could get a decent civic liner and install it if you wanted to

?

Lovethe helmet, the off centre decal gives it that human touch, this helmet could speak volumes about it's former owner, it has a character that Would appeal to me more than perfectly correct examples, I like items that show the human element.

Nice helmet ,good condition and the real deal.

?

Good to be proud of it you can always build on the first one!

it is nice but it's a 3 piece
    note the welds 2 piece are somewhat rarer

Thank you all for the complements! DougB I have been trying hard to find some helmets around where I live in attics, closets, and garage sales. Pickings are slim (none heh) but it is hard to discourage me. The search will go on and I will post my treasure as soon as I find it!

Regards

Jeff

Hi Jeff! Nice lid for sure! Don't give up....I think half the fun is the hunt!

Cheers!

Rob

very nice helmet the luftschutzdecal is in very good condition ,i am personally very fond of these helmets you can buy reproduction liners on ebay or as the other gentleman said use a period liner from a different type helmet

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    it is nice but it's a 3 piece
    note the welds 2 piece are somewhat rarer
    Hi Rene, i think that the three piece helmet had four liner pins and a definate seam with small rivets on the outside, this one shown has three liner pins with no seam showing on the outside nor under the paintwork, according to my references its a two piece, but i could be wrong