Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My "Typical" NS62 M.42

Article about: Many years ago when I started collecting TR back in school one of the things I really wanted was a "Nazi helmet" and I found an M.40 ( I think ) SD Luftwaffe that was unfortunately

Default My "Typical" NS62 M.42

Many years ago when I started collecting TR back in school one of the things I really wanted was a "Nazi helmet" and I found an M.40 ( I think ) SD Luftwaffe that was unfortunately traded off sometime later when I "shifted gears" in my collecting interests. Now many years later having "returned" to this area of interest, I find I can't afford really good examples to go with my modest collection of field gear, so I acquired 3 helmet shells and repainted and restored them using repro bands, pins, and liners. But I still wanted an "unmessed with" original.

I finally found the rather bland but totally "typical" specimen, shown here. I liked it because it's complete and appears to be unaltered, retaining its unbroken chin strap; untorn liner; and has both a dome stamp ( faint and unreadable, but there ); and original owner's name penciled inside the skirt: Uffz. Weisspflug. Note the bizzare way the cord is strung and tied at the top of the liner "fingers"; this is how I got it and have decided to leave it as is.

My "Typical" NS62 M.42My "Typical" NS62 M.42My "Typical" NS62 M.42My "Typical" NS62 M.42My "Typical" NS62 M.42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My "Typical" NS62 M.42
    P
    Many

?

Good example.

Agree nice reprensative piece of M-42. timothy

very clean well done.

A nice helmet no doubt. Anyone should be happy to have similar in their collection!

While we all crave decalled helmets, this really is the quintessential german soldiers stahlhelm from the second half of the war.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Straight up M42, the bread and butter of the wehrmacht. A very nice representative example, congrats.
    Regards,
    John

?

Nice and untouched, just how we like em

Brad.

i would like to say to. a nice m42.

A great un-messed with M42. Leon.