Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My wall o' helmets!!

Article about: If you clean you'll loose collectors value....

Default My wall o' helmets!!

Well if it is good enough for Doug to show off HIS wall then so can I - here is my ( garden ) wall o- helmets!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some I have posted threads about, others yet to come. They have come via EBay, websites, acquaintances and guys here on the forum ( thanks Samir, Wayne, Jason and others )

6 are complete, 4 are good orig. painted shells and the rest relics to some degree from good to poor - but ALL tell a story.
    I know some go for quality, others quantity and still others whatever they can afford or comes their way - this is me.

These 16 helmets owe me less that ONE SS helmet or a HEER double decal ... mind you, I'd love one of those but my imagination can run wild thinking about all the possible scenarios of the owners of these - and their fate - the areas they came from and battles they saw.

Hope you enjoy the "vista" ....... it's a disease I tell ya!
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My wall o' helmets!!   My wall o' helmets!!  

My wall o' helmets!!   My wall o' helmets!!  

My wall o' helmets!!   My wall o' helmets!!  

My wall o' helmets!!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My wall o' helmets!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: My wall o' helmets!!

I see you've caught the disease ? ! - Nice wall of lids, Dan.........!

'HD' = Heavy Damage ?
    Regards,

Steve.

Damn, I thought it stood for 'Harley Davidson' ....... ................. ( actually Holger Danske, a Danish resistance group )

Nice wall, I like the patina and how there is just a pinch on green coming thru between the motar, look to be period built..... oh the helmets, thats right.

Nice lineup Dan, your have quite afew there. Looks fantastic.

Jason

?

Nice BBQ talking peice!!! Looks fantastic!

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Nice wall, I like the patina and how there is just a pinch on green coming thru between the motar, look to be period built..... oh the helmets, thats right.

Nice lineup Dan, your have quite afew there. Looks fantastic.

Jason
    Patina & character - there my excuses to the missus for NOT washing the patio, the car or knocking down cobwebs!!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Patina & character - there my excuses to the missus for NOT washing the patio, the car or knocking down cobwebs!!
    Exactly, why wash away years or buildup to try and restore it to an unnatural state, just not worth it.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Damn, I thought it stood for 'Harley Davidson' ....... ................. ( actually Holger Danske, a Danish resistance group )
    Is that possible to verify. I'm just asking I find it strange they would use a German lid and paint HD on it. Maybe they did during liberation? What's the story? I still find it strange that Holger Danske should be wearing German helmets.

Regards, Lars

?

Very nice Wall of Lids Dan! Thanks for sharing. I would also like to know the same Lars......

Hi Lars,
    This was my original post back in April when I got the helmet. It was one of our members, SCOUT who confirmed the HD story and rather than repeat his words here it is. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...er-2-a-170880/
    I'm thinking it was a defiance thing for the braver among them??
    Dan

Oh thanks Bill - I must have been writing when you commented ...... see above also

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast