Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Mysterious paint spots on helmets

Article about: Have you ever wondered why many helmets with original finishes seem to have the odd white ( or other colours - but mainly white ) rubs or drips on them?? Think back, there are MANY lids that

Default Mysterious paint spots on helmets

Have you ever wondered why many helmets with original finishes seem to have the odd white ( or other colours - but mainly white ) rubs or drips on them??
    Think back, there are MANY lids that have been posted here ( even some NOW in the classifieds ) that have paint splats on ( and in ) the darndest places .....why?

No, it ISN'T winter cammo I'm talking about, just the occasional abberant mark... where the hell did THAT come from?

Did they not get moved when the shed was whitewashed years ago??
    Do poltergeists vandalise them in the night just to infuriate us?

Maybe it will remain one of lifes mysterys - like why belly button lint is blue?

Cheers, Dan
    It's just a laugh - life can get too serious.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mysterious paint spots on helmets
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Mysterious paint spots on helmets

Did they not get moved when the shed was whitewashed years ago??

That has been my theory for a while.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Agreed, it has always struck me as weird how many helmets have been sitting underneath messy painters over the years.

To me, it's logical that these paint spots are the result of vets bringing helmets back as souvenirs and mothers and wives refusing to have them displayed in their homes.

If they cannot be displayed with the fine china or on the fireplace mantel, I bet they were relegated to the man's domain... aka the garage or tool shed. SO, they probably ended up sitting next to the random cans of paint that accumulate over the years...