Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

Article about: by helmetone Is that the expected bird decal on a fire brigade helmet? I'm not up on my fire brigade helmets. Yes it is and here is a link to Jim's early ones in gold..............https://ww

?

Default Re: Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

That's what I mean, I've never seen anything like it good or fake, its highly intracate in design and the Austrian eagle maker sounds plausible as the Austrian police eagle is also very intricate in design. I cant see this as a fake as whats it based on? The Austrian SS decal and party decal are also different from the German makers too, all Austrians are rarely seen. I've asked Francis who knows LW eagles better than most to have a look. You could have a very rare bird there Eric.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.
    P
    Many

Thanks Doug for the assistance. But I think I will come out good in the end IMO.
    And I like your use of (intracate).

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

I think so too Eric (that it will come out fine), I was looking at it closely and I like the intracate design and the provenance. Unfortunately this decal is outside of my area of direct study but it resembles the Austrian police eagle as I said in the sophistication and graphics. Something maybe from 38-39?

I may add this helmet was sold to me without name info. I did my own reserch on the name since I have a Cemetery Data base for my biz.

Eric

Here the decal Doug is talking about.
    Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

It would be helpful if someone could find an Austrian 2nd pattern to post here on the thread for comparison purposes.

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    It would be helpful if someone could find an Austrian 2nd pattern to post here on the thread for comparison purposes.
    And or a fake one like it LOL......

Eric

I have been looking at decals Eric I can not find any fakes that looks likes this.
    I also can not find any Austrian luftwaffe decal from the period,There is no info on the internet about any type of ww2 Austrian decals.

chris

I agree My friend. If I was to go off of rather a bird is fake or real this one is not in my realm of thought as a fake from the start.
    It has that look and feel in hand even more so.
    Not sure what all the hoopla is about?
    And no ,it was not a high dollar buy. It was a local buy ..........

Eric

And there is no issue with the liner or shield. It's good and rare in my book. GREAT find!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast