Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

Article about: by helmetone Is that the expected bird decal on a fire brigade helmet? I'm not up on my fire brigade helmets. Yes it is and here is a link to Jim's early ones in gold..............https://ww

?

Default Re: Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    I agree My friend. If I was to go off of rather a bird is fake or real this one is not in my realm of thought as a fake from the start.
    It has that look and feel in hand even more so.
    Not sure what all the hoopla is about?
    And no ,it was not a high dollar buy. It was a local buy ..........

Eric
    The hoopla is you may very well have a rarely seen bird. I've never encountered one like it before and didn't know there was such a decal. Perhaps Munich has a picture of another. New discoveries are out there that is for sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.
    P
    Many

Danke Doug But hard to fight that feeling on a good item that you know is good.
    As you know when you feel a item that is good you just know it after awhile.
    It is not my first Beer.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

For me the helmet is a goodun, and as everyone else i've never seen an Austrian decal in close up , but the amount of detailing in the feathers suggests this is no fake and certainly does'nt match any fake decals in the market , old or new, basically its a standard M34 straight dip civic fire/police helmet adapted for use by the Luftwaffe , but with a very interesting variation Luftwaffe Adler, which not only makes it a one of a kind(until someone else finds one)but i daresay worth a great deal more in its rarity and well worth having in any collection, congrats Eric, i like it

Nobody else has mentioned it, but the RLB-like insignia on the leather pad is interesting as well. That isn't something I have seen before on these Luftwaffe fireman helmets.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Is that the expected bird decal on a fire brigade helmet? I'm not up on my fire brigade helmets.
    Yes, it is the most common Adler decal seen on these relatively RARE Luftwaffe Crash Crew helmets. I really like these and this one is right as rain. Nice pick up, Jim G.

Ps, I meant a second pattern bird, I hadn't read all the way through. I like the bird on this one, and I agree with Doug, you have a great example, with a really neat Adler - maybe one of a kind!

I know it is and thanks Jim that means alot.............

And crash crew is a better term Sir Thanks.

Eric

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Nobody else has mentioned it, but the RLB-like insignia on the leather pad is interesting as well. That isn't something I have seen before on these Luftwaffe fireman helmets.
    I have one, or maybe 2, with this insignia on the leather on the crash pad. Both of mine have the white stripe, but the early prototype gold leaf Adler decal. I will try to post them this week end. Jim g.

PS: In the thread I started regarding the "Gold Leaf Adlers" to which Eric linked this thread Chris posted one that he picked up and the RLB styled liner decal is on Chris' example as well.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 12-19-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I have one, or maybe 2, with this insignia on the leather on the crash pad. Both of mine have the white stripe, but the early prototype gold leaf Adler decal. I will try to post them this week end. Jim g.
    That makes sense, I have only seen maybe 6 or 7 of these.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Thanks Jim. I looked forward to your comment Sir......
    It is like, guilty until proven innocent and I thought I would just show.
    Rather the emblem is what ever changes nothing with me as it is staying at home.

Eric

"Good on ya" Eric.
    Congrats mate
    All the best
    Dave

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast