Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

Article about: by helmetone Is that the expected bird decal on a fire brigade helmet? I'm not up on my fire brigade helmets. Yes it is and here is a link to Jim's early ones in gold..............https://ww

Default Re: Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

Here ya go best I can do.
    Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Eric, looks period print from whati can tell.

Thanks Doug, I hope this will make for good reference.

Eric

?

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Thanks Doug, I hope this will make for good reference.

Eric
    I am sure it will Eric, and I am very glad you brought this type of decal to our attention.
    It is great to see that there is still items out there, that we can learn about.

Brad.

I may need to watermark any further pics as to get credit fot it?

Doug-
    I know you did not mean to say that you had not seen it therefore it was a fake. You are far too advanced to say something like that. I recall a collector coming up to me at a gun show and laughing about a fake SA kepi he had seen that was not even the right color. I beat a path to the table and found a NSFK officer kepi in unissued condition for $15. This was in 1965 and nothing had yet to be published on NSFK kepis. It was easy to figure out what it was as the guy had two tables of Lugers and other German guns and this kepi and two NSFK athletic shirts. Around the same time, another guy told me about a fake Luftschutz helmet with SA insignia on it. Another great buy I made as no one had ever seen a NSKK gladiator helmet before. This has happened many times in my years at collecting and I have found some great items that other collectors discarded as fake.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Exactly Bob, and experience can tell if the item should be period, the look, smell, feel, and we can use magnification to check for modern print, plus there is provenance. When I said "I have never seen a bird like that before" I certainly didn't mean it might be fake, and was interested in exploring it further, so glad Eric was a good sport and members are able to discuss as gentlemen here. I would love to see super closeups of the decal if you ever get the chance Eric.

Cheers Bob, et al.

Doug
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.Bob I think we knew what you ment Sir you are not like that.
    I also have experienced that as of late with the SS fez I (got) all pased on it on the local buyers market .
    And I have solicited no opinions from anyone rather to buy these items.
    Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 12-21-2012 at 08:05 AM.

?

Hi Bob, no worries I knew what you meant ;-) just wanted the context of my comment to be clear to others.

Nice fez Eric!

I did qualify my honest opinion by saying lets see what other say,the reason for my wrong judgement was for the exact items mentioned.

I belive your decal is very close to the one Jim just posted.
    chris

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast