Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nazi Helmet, I can't find this one anywhere!

Article about: I have looked everywhere and I cannot find a Helmet with both of these logos on them! I believe this might be before the war because the helmet edges are folded as opposed to the ones made d

VikingRage
    ?

Default Nazi Helmet, I can't find this one anywhere!

I have looked everywhere and I cannot find a Helmet with both of these logos on them! I believe this might be before the war because the helmet edges are folded as opposed to the ones made during the War. Also how much do you think this would be worth?
    Attached Images Attached Images Nazi Helmet, I can't find this one anywhere!  Nazi Helmet, I can't find this one anywhere!  Nazi Helmet, I can't find this one anywhere!  Nazi Helmet, I can't find this one anywhere!  Nazi Helmet, I can't find this one anywhere! 

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Nazi Helmet, I can't find this one anywhere!

Damn!

I don't know where to start. Not to offend..it looks a little strange to me from what I have seen presented here, and most other places and books.

I would not put much hope in this helmet being able to bring any great amount of money.

You may do well to study some websites or read some books concerning German helmets. It helped me to study out things a bit, before the internet exisited. I'm sure a bit of research will help you as well. Good Luck!

Hello Viking,
    I hope you'll find a better helmet than the one in the photos. IMO you should buy a good book about helmets prior to start purchasing helmets...
    My two cents as our american fellow members say..
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The shell might very well be an original WW2 M35 (?). The liner is not German at all. My guess would be that this helmet is a Spanish (ex-German) helmet redone after the war with a Spanish three pad liner and strap, using bits of German liner. It seems there are additional rivets placed, which makes it all the more likely that this is indeed a Spanish reissued helmet.

The colour and the decals are fake. As far as I know the combination national flag and party flag did not exist. This would not be very logical.

Steer away from this one!

Cheers,

Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 04-09-2010 at 10:31 AM.

?

Wow, what can you say about this one, reissued spanish?, fake decals, very strange liner and chin strap, but its an example of what to avoid in the future, keep it and learn from it, dismantle it , check the front pins, see if they are dated,try and find any markings on the helmet inside, then put it aside and look for books on the subject,there are many good ones out there

VikingRage
    ?

Yea I was searching all over and I did not see both decals at the same time. This has been in my grandfathers house since I was very young. Thanks for the information everyone I am going to still keep looking to see if any others exist out there.

?

Quote by VikingRage View Post
    Yea I was searching all over and I did not see both decals at the same time. This has been in my grandfathers house since I was very young. Thanks for the information everyone I am going to still keep looking to see if any others exist out there.
    i am sorry but you will be looking a very very long time ,more chance of a yeti calling round to make you a cup of tea, rgds Dave

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    i am sorry but you will be looking a very very long time ,more chance of a yeti calling round to make you a cup of tea, rgds Dave
    Or hen's sprouting teeth

Definitely a product of the 4th Reich

Don't bother with it as this is Czech I think, and used by Fire and
    Police services post war. A repaint with the wrong combination
    of repro decals..........trying to be something it ain't !

$20. or $30. maybe, if that.

Regards, Steve.

?

Thanks Walkwolf,

It seemed no one had the heart to tell him so bluntly, as you.
    Maybe he will study a book.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast