MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NCO named M42 battle damashed with history

Article about: As said, it's a great helmet. It seems almost impossible that the owner could have survived a hit like that. He was very lucky.........

Default NCO named M42 battle damashed with history

Hi Gents,
    I became this M42 last weekend. His owner died in 1995 and his family offered the helmet to a friend of me. NCO Egbers served in the 170.Infanterie Division and became this head shoot on eastern front in 1944.
    He survived his injury and take the helmet back to home as a souvenir.
    Helmet is stamped with ET66 and LOT Nr.1750. Inliner leather is hard and damage from the bullet.

regards
    Nikolaus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NCO named M42 battle damashed with history   NCO named M42 battle damashed with history  

NCO named M42 battle damashed with history   NCO named M42 battle damashed with history  

NCO named M42 battle damashed with history   NCO named M42 battle damashed with history  

NCO named M42 battle damashed with history  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NCO named M42 battle damashed with history
    P
    Many

Default Re: NCO named M42 battle damashed with history

Superb! Very rough but it has a great look to it. It is all the better as you know the history and the former owner. I am happy he survived the war and grew old, a great souvenir

Egbers Survived that hit?? It must have just about torn the entire top of his skull off! Wow....talk about a tough guy! Was his family the ones who de-Nazified the decal? An amazing piece of history, for sure!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

That is an amazing story, he was one lucky guy! I assume he denazified the helmet himself after the war.

Corey

Ouch! I bet that took some off the top. Very lucky to survive that, and the Eastern Front. Great history. Shame it got de-Nazified. Still a great lid that would be great in any helmet collection. How much you want?

very nice salty combat helmet with history

Nice little peice of history my friend! keep it all together,just like the chap kept his together!

?

great looking helmet and always nice to have its history, but wow he was a lucky guy to survive that hit, rgds Dave

?

In the world of Helmet collecting very few have any traceable or known history making this a superb piece of Stahlhelm !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Wonderful helmet with a known history and amazing that he survived and was able to bring it home with him.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast