Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Helmet Help

Article about: I've been saving to go to Europe and go relic hunting for months now, and I now have over \\$12k. My problem is i dont know where to go so i havent booked my flight, or set up sleeping arrangm

Iloveww2
    ?

Default Need Helmet Help

I've been saving to go to Europe and go relic hunting for months now, and I now have over $12k. My problem is i dont know where to go so i havent booked my flight, or set up sleeping arrangments. I want to at least find one German helmet and I'll be happy. Does anyone have any suggestions on where might be a good place to search?

email me if you want to keep it private- iloveww2@yahoo.com

Thank you if you can help I've been wanting to do this for years now and finding a German helmet would be a dream come true.

Regards,

Darrin

2. # ADS

Iloveww2
    ?

Default Re: Need Helmet Help

Who is this Dimas you speak of?

Hello, I would say maybe start at France/Normandy area might be interesting for you history wise and did see alot of relic helmets from dealers around towns like St Mere Eglise/Saint Come du Mont can be pricey so you need to shop !! , just about anywhere thru out europe depending how far your money will take you (budget smart).

If you need more info let me know !!

Iloveww2
    ?

The only problem with places such as those mentioned is that they have already been picked apart by Relic Hunters and Battle Field Archeologists that there isn't much left to be found which make me sad. I think I'm going to be going to Latvia to the Kurland Pocket area though.

?

There still a lot of stuff in the battlefields, due of technologies with metal detector production is upgraded everyyear, and till the mid of 1990's noone use detectors on the battlefields...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Iloveww2
    ?

Dimas, where would be your suggestion to go my friend? I've never been to Europe and i bet the best battle fields have already been cleared of most things, whats your recomendation?

f100zardoz
    ?

Quote by Iloveww2 View Post
    I've been saving to go to Europe and go relic hunting for months now, and I now have over $12k. My problem is i dont know where to go so i havent booked my flight, or set up sleeping arrangments. I want to at least find one German helmet and I'll be happy. Does anyone have any suggestions on where might be a good place to search?

email me if you want to keep it private- iloveww2@yahoo.com

Thank you if you can help I've been wanting to do this for years now and finding a German helmet would be a dream come true.

Regards,

Darrin
    Hi, I'm from Ireland and would recomend Krakow in Poland. On the main street thiere is a small shop i would not call it army surplus but in deals in a lot of historical military items ...especialy ww2. Also if you do end up there Austchwitz is only 30mins by bus for a tour that will change you forever. I thought the little shop was great. I bought this steel model of a tank given to a retiering commander of a polish tank battalion in 1969. As far as I can tell it is a one off made and engraved just for that officer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Helmet Help   Need Helmet Help  

Need Helmet Help   Need Helmet Help