Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help german m42 helmet id

Article about: Hi all , per chased another helmet could do with your views I paid 400 for it I have been given 48 full refund what would you do

Default Need help german m42 helmet id

Hi all , per chased another helmet could do with your views I paid 400 for it I have been given 48 full refund what would you do
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help german m42 helmet id   Need help german m42 helmet id  

Need help german m42 helmet id   Need help german m42 helmet id  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help german m42 helmet id
    P
    Many

Im not an expert but I dont like this at all. A double decal -police -camo -wire helmet is a bit implausible, especially for the price you paid. With a rare helmet you should assume its a fake unless you know otherwise!

Come to think of it, you dont get double decal M42 helmets, they had reduced to one decal or none by the mid to late war period. I'm sure my fellow members will correct me if I'm wrong about any of those things.

Hi,Mar, sorry but this is a re worked M42 shell that's been re-painted ,fake decals and wire added. The liner is also replaced and a fake chinstrap. As a re-enactor piece I guess the price is fair but it is not one a collector would want. Leon.

hehehe m42 two decal hahahhaha

£400 is a lot to pay for a made-up helmet... You didn't by any chance buy it at Liverpool arms fair did you? I was there for about 30 minutes - as I had to get to the air show. But I saw most of the dealers setting up their wares. One particular stall had a lot of fake WW11 German helmets. Their prices were not they should have been for the real deal, but some were marked-up at around £650, just enough to make someone think they were getting a bargain!

i diging 12 year....see ebay see this forum,very many helmet with metal camo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I dug out plus minus 500 german helmet,
    but never with metal camo.NEVER...my friend and all diger what I know no dug out helmet with metal camo KURLAND.rubber camo yes i dug out...but so types with metal mesh have never seen before excavated. I'm an idiot if I do not understand,,,,,,,,,,,,,why she can not dug out,but here and ebay hundreds of him?
    tell me...my one day rekord dug out 37 german helmet

with rubber camo i and my friend dug out plus minus 10 helmet with metal i dug out 1...
    but it is a given fact that I and my familiar has dug more than millennium helmet.
    but never in life I have not seen a metal mesh
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help german m42 helmet id   Need help german m42 helmet id  

Once again I thankyou all ,I have just contacted seller he is giving me a full refund in the morning, thankyou and peace to you all

Wire camo's did exist, there are very many period photo's and surviving examples. DD M42's did also exist, police helmets used two decals until the end of the war.

This one however I do not like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast