Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help to ID 4 German wwii Helmets

Article about: Hello military experts, Please help to ID the following helmets which were collected in the woods of Belorussia by my deceased grandfather. I got left with extremely large collection of Germ

Default Need help to ID 4 German wwii Helmets

Hello military experts,

Please help to ID the following helmets which were collected in the woods of Belorussia by my deceased grandfather. I got left with extremely large collection of German war items, which were collected by him in span of almost 60 years. Researches on internet are somewhat useless and for newbie like me in militaria . I have stuff from badges to hats to flags to bayonets , even swastika pocker chips. So if you interest to see and appraise(not buy) you welcome to contact me and i will email you pictures of stuff. I am not a dealer, i will not sell anything, i just need to know what i am dealing with and approx value for my own reference. I also will be posting SS-Ehrenring (authentic) in order to find info on recipient.

Anyways here are 4 helmets, if you need close up pics, drop me a line
    THANKS IN advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help to ID 4 German wwii Helmets   Need help to ID 4 German wwii Helmets  

Need help to ID 4 German wwii Helmets   Need help to ID 4 German wwii Helmets  

Need help to ID 4 German wwii Helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help to ID 4 German wwii Helmets
    P
    Many

Hi and welcome to the forum. Well, the SS ones are bad for sure but the luftwaffe one and luftschutze "gladiator" look ok so you may be 50%. No more can be said without closer decal images.
    One of the "ss" is Hungarian with the liner rivets behind the vent and rear loop.

Please post more of your inheritance. .

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

i just posted more images of decals

let me know what would you like to see, i pretty much have everything according to forum categories

Welcome to the forum, as Dan has already said, the SS helmets are not original. The decals on those are very poor fakes. The LUFTWAFFE M40 however does look like a nice original from these pictures and the LUFTSCHUTZE stands a good chance of being ok to. Leon.

I would agree with Leon.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

me too.

?

SS helmets created to deceive by a moron.
    Sorry you are stuck with them. I believe some crook hung your grandpa with fake SS helmets. I seriously doubt that the helmets were found abandoned in any woods. Probably a bull$hit story concocted by a crooked dealer.
    The Luftwaffe model 40 helmet and the Luftschutze look good but closer clear pictures of the decals and the interior would be of great help.

Thanks, i will post those good ones in a different topic one by one

?

"Hungarian SS" helmet: def. a postwar M47 helmet with original dark green paint inside (post-war repaint of the WW2 yellow-green)...another ruined M47.