Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.

Article about: I bought this from a collector who had a group of items for sale including this helmet, an Eastern Front medal, two photos of the original owner (a Luftwaffe pilot) and a huge wool embroider

Default Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.

I bought this from a collector who had a group of items for sale including this helmet, an Eastern Front medal, two photos of the original owner (a Luftwaffe pilot) and a huge wool embroidered banner. I picked the helmet up today and will be purchasing the rest of the items this coming weekend when the funds are available. I can't imagine not owning the entire lot of items as they all belonged to one original owner, whom was a member of the Luftwaffe, I believe.

A few things concern me about the helmet:

1. The shell has no stamps, though I've read early and late model combat helmet were stamped lightly and may be difficult to see or find on the shell.

2. The liner has nine fingers and no stamps. I know some helmets come with nine fingers, but I thought that was only larger models?

3. The chin strap has the soldiers name written on it, can this be used to find the original owner some how?

4. The liner has sweat ventilation holes on the forehead, I didn't think any WW2 Nazi helmet had these?

I did pick the helmet up today and here are a few photos:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.   Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.  

Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.   Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.  

Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.   Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry the helmet is bad. You need a refund.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What aspects of the helmet allude to it being fake? I'd like to return it to whom I purchased it from and let them know what key points prove that it is false.

Post war liner and post war shell by the look of it!..

The decal are poor fakes and no M42 Heer (Army) helmet was ever made with double decals.

Liner is bad. Taken from a postwar issue BGS helmet. Note the central dome pad.

Paint is bad.

Chinstrap is bad.

Only the helmet shell itself is original. Sorry. Get a refund. I would not purchase anything else from this person without having it vetted here on the forum first.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Edit.. Just saw pics above after my post. Here are the pics for subject and I agree with what has been said.
    Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.   Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.  

[h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks Eric I added them too.

Just a note to the original poster: please don't use outside photo hosting sites.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks Eric I added them too.

Just a note to the original poster: please don't use outside photo hosting sites.

Cheers, Ade.
    Sorry about that, in the future I'll avoid it.

No worries. just get a refund. That is biggest concern here.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I would be posting any potential purchases from this so-called "collector"
    as I have a distinct feeling he is spinning you a load of crap & will reel you
    in hook, line, & sinker if given half the chance. Study authentic helmets
    shown on the forum & you will soon see the obvious differences.

Regards
    Brett

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast