Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.

Article about: I bought this from a collector who had a group of items for sale including this helmet, an Eastern Front medal, two photos of the original owner (a Luftwaffe pilot) and a huge wool embroider

There is nothing good about that lid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.
    P
    Many

I have a feeling obtaining a refund will be difficult, but I'm certainly going to try. I did mild amounts of research before buying this helmet and several things stood out to me as a warning that this may be a fake but I also read other things that led me to believe that it may have been an unissued, rare, variant of some kind. Should have followed my gut and registered at this forum first.

Here's the original ad that has the other items listed: COLLECTION OF GERMAN HELMET / FLAG / MEDAL / COIN / TWO PHOTOS

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The decal are poor fakes and no M42 Heer (Army) helmet was ever made with double decals.

Liner is bad. Taken from a postwar issue BGS helmet. Note the central dome pad.

Paint is bad.

Chinstrap is bad.

Only the helmet shell itself is original. Sorry. Get a refund. I would not purchase anything else from this person without having it vetted here on the forum first.

Cheers, Ade.
    No liner pin holes in the shell, do you think they have been filled or welded?..

Quote by Brett View Post
    I would be posting any potential purchases from this so-called "collector"
    as I have a distinct feeling he is spinning you a load of crap & will reel you
    in hook, line, & sinker if given half the chance. Study authentic helmets
    shown on the forum & you will soon see the obvious differences.

Regards
    Brett
    Here's the original ad with the other items I was going to purchase, though it's on Craigslist, the actual items and seller were at a store. So obtaining a refund isn't impossible.

Link: COLLECTION OF GERMAN HELMET / FLAG / MEDAL / COIN / TWO PHOTOS

I did find very, very light numbers stamped on the rear underside of the helmet. Does this change anything or can it help identify the true origin of this helmet shell? I have a photo if need be, but the number are very hard to see.

I believe the numbers read as follows:

Any ways to make these numbers clearer so I can identify them?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    No liner pin holes in the shell, do you think they have been filled or welded?..
    The liner on this 60's German helmet is retained by the bolt you see at the top inside. It does not use the pin system. It is a border guard helmet from the 60's IMHO.

Quote by Logictox View Post
    The liner on this 60's German helmet is retained by the bolt you see at the top inside. It does not use the pin system. It is a border guard helmet from the 60's IMHO.
    Check this photo for some possible identifying serial numbers, does this clarify the origin?

Need help identifying/authenticating this helmet.

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Cheers for that, i knew the BGS used m40 type shells with the top bolt system, i wasn't sure if they used the m42!..

?

Postwar everything. Shell. Liner. Strap. Fake decals. Return for refund as Ade says.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Postwar everything. Shell. Liner. Strap. Fake decals. Return for refund as Ade says.
    Is there any way to find out what this helmet actually is? If it's post war it's not necessarily useless to me, I found some numbers stamped on the rear and posted a photo above. Any ideas?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast