Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need help identifying helmet

Article about: got this helmet off an elderly old man before he died. i would like to know if anybody could please tell me what kind it is. 8415-12-131-7887 VDN 11-76 55-57 This is stamped into the helmets

jonpaulhewitt
    ?

Default need help identifying helmet

got this helmet off an elderly old man before he died. i would like to know if anybody could please tell me what kind it is.

8415-12-131-7887
    VDN 11-76 55-57
    This is stamped into the helmets side. it also has a small sticker inside it with german writing on it.

there is also a small eagle emblem stamped into the brown leather material.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need help identifying helmet   need help identifying helmet  

need help identifying helmet   need help identifying helmet  

need help identifying helmet   need help identifying helmet  

2. # ADS

Default Re: need help identifying helmet

M62 West German military.
    Regards,
    Don

?

youve just answered a question that i posted on another thread about the nut in the top of the helmet and the L shaped bit of metal protruding downwards from it,a local trading shop is asking £30 foe one without liner and completely rusted,i dont think so!!!!

There are also M40 and M42 style helmets with this same liner system (top bolt), it is a post-war liner system developed around 1953 by West Germany.
    Regards,
    Don

?

Thank you Donald you have given me a lot of ammunition to send at this guy because he is trying to pass this helmet off as a ww2 item and he will not listen. Yesterday i saw that he had a M40 in the window that had been painted a glossy black a brand new plastic style helmet liner,held in place with what looked like Frankensteins neck bolts and two badly placed decals one awolfsangle the other a tri colour in red white and blue , he says there completely original and its for sale at £85 . I must say something!!!!

jonpaulhewitt
    ?

thanks Don.
    do you know what year this helmet is from, and what the numbers mean.

thanks jon-paul