Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help Identifying My First Helmet

Article about: I purchased my first German Helmet at an estate auction this week. It came from a Veteran and was listed as an "Original WW2 German Police Helmet" I believe it is a "Civic/Squ

?

Default Need Help Identifying My First Helmet

I purchased my first German Helmet at an estate auction this week. It came from a Veteran and was listed as an "Original WW2 German Police Helmet"

I believe it is a "Civic/Square Dip/ RLB or Luftshutz". It has no decals and no markings or stamping. The Liner is in good condition w/ the 4 cork cushions along the sides.

I want to get an exact description because I want to sell it in order to get an original M/35,40,42 "Heer" helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Identifying My First Helmet   Need Help Identifying My First Helmet  

Need Help Identifying My First Helmet   Need Help Identifying My First Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help Identifying My First Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need Help Identifying My First Helmet

It is a civil M34.
    With no decal it could been used for lots of things.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

So it is a real WW2 period German helmet?

Looks ok to me.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Do you think the liner and chinstrap are original to that style of helmet? What I mean is, the liner is correct for the M/34 Civic helmets ?

It is a very nice no decal M34 square dip civic helmet, probably for the Police as there are no flaps for the leather neck guard. It is 100% Third Reich period. There were many different square dip style M34's, this one is one of my favorites. Nice helmet. Jim G.

Nice lid, very tidy. I'd say it's one of the earlier M34's with that clip strap. I think that style of shell is early too, 1934/5/6 ish?

?

That good helmet +liner

?

I am going to sell this helmet. I was wondering what a good starting price is. I will probably put it on Ebay and was thinking of starting it at $200.00 USD. I have seen other Civic helmets selling for $250-$300 and those are questionable and come from Poland and even China. I am trying to buy an original, Heer Decal M35/M40 for my personal collection.

With no decals and a bit of scuffing I thing you would be topping out around $250-275
    Morris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast