Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need help identifying unusual Heer Decal

Article about: Any help would be great

Ill have to start posting some legit stuff soon hahaha i have a couple of others that were around in the early 80s,repainted Finnish ones..all the disposal stores sold them as German ww2 that had to be painted because the swastika ..so i took some paint off one and partially revealed the Finnish emblem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying unusual Heer Decal
    P
    Many

And it also reminds me of a batch of Japanese helmets that were being sold from a magazine that latter turned out to be Thai refits ..i have one of them as well lol

Sounds like you have a wall'o'bogus lids!

yeah mate i have some..when i was a kid these dodgy bastards knew all the tricks... i had a bloke once show me original stuff and then when i had got home he had substituted the stuff i had bought with fakes...I HATE CON ARTISTS!!! Nothing more than thieves

?

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    yeah mate i have some..when i was a kid these dodgy bastards knew all the tricks... i had a bloke once show me original stuff and then when i had got home he had substituted the stuff i had bought with fakes...I HATE CON ARTISTS!!! Nothing more than thieves
    That would have given me the shits
    I was sold a "German" steel helmet that I found out (much later) to be a Spanish model Z, got that one from the Gold Coast War Museum, and it cost me $150!!
    There is no substitute for experience, good or bad.

Brad.

When I lived in Brisbane there was an old German guy who sometimes had a stall at the Rocklea markets selling TR goodies. I didn't really know what I was looking at and he'd get all cranky if I asked to look at something. Basically you had to pay before he'd take a piece out and by then of course it would be too late to get a refund. Even now I can remember how plastic his 'SS dagger' looked!

I'd love to go back in time knowing what I know now and challenge him on a few items!

Gold Coast War Museum,those guys pissed me off so much.
    Last edited by wizardman; 08-07-2013 at 02:38 PM.

I think all us Aussies were at one time fleeced by the dreaded Gold Coast War Museum ( they had a mail order service too )
    Man we were naive back then!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

never heard of it is this place still open. or are you guys talking a fews years back.

They are still around believe it or not..they opened in 1975,theres no way they would get away with what they used to now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast