Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

NEED HELP! M35 Camo Helmet ORIGINAL? Almost urgent, thanks!!

Article about: Hello everyone I hope that this one is authentic piece especially for the camo paint part. These are the only daylight pics that I have. I hope the pics are enough to give a definitive judge

Default NEED HELP! M35 Camo Helmet ORIGINAL? Almost urgent, thanks!!

Hello everyone
    I hope that this one is authentic piece especially for the camo paint part. These are the only daylight pics that I have.
    I hope the pics are enough to give a definitive judgement. I hope it's not some postwar aged "artwork"...
    THANKS!
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEED HELP! M35 Camo Helmet ORIGINAL? Almost urgent, thanks!!
    P
    Many

Not an expert on camo lids by any means but this one looks like it stands a chance, please don't take my word for it wait for the helmet guys to chip in!...

Not sure..... there are a couple of negatives though
    1) someone has sanded back to reveal the lot and maker/ size stamps
    2) the liner looks very brittle and dried out.
    3) the paint where the top coat is chipped away looks black?

Is it priced up there?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

too much shade in your photos.

MAP
    ?

As someone who typically seeks opinions on camo helmets, I will admit it is a tough one for me. Somethings look ok and others raise questions.

The shading of the pictures doesn't help as Frank said, and the black (?) Paint is something that must be investigated as Dan said.

I don't see much wear on the top (I know this is oft debated issue). And to me, what marks I do see do not look like repetitive "tool" marks. I'm really interested in the rust/flaking on the back of the helmet. My eyes and a small tablet do not work well together. Maybe when I get home and look at it on my PC, my view will become more solid.

This is one that I would want to have in hand and put under a USB microscope.

As noted, I typically seek opinions on camo so happy to listen and learn from those more knowledgeable.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

From these pictures, I'm not convinced. Of course lighting and clarity so often tell the tail, but in the last photo the paint looks to have possibly been pulled off while it was still wet,....or very fresh at any rate. Some of the texture seem somewhat odd in that particular photo.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by relicz View Post
    From these pictures, I'm not convinced. Of course lighting and clarity so often tell the tail, but in the last photo the paint looks to have possibly been pulled off while it was still wet,....or very fresh at any rate. Some of the texture seem somewhat odd in that particular photo.
    Or perhaps has had heat applied, and the blistered paint rubbed off?

I'm not liking it
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Hi Davor, personally I would not buy this one from the images provided. Some areas of cammo appear to have been painted on top of already heavily rusted areas? That's possible, but coupled with the almost identical size and shape of the "chips/dings", I do not get a good feeling. Leon.

Thanks a lot to everybody. This is without doubt not a true wartime applied camo but some wiseguys postwar artwork.
    I will definitely pass this on. If it costed less I would have take it perhaps but what's the point then.. I'm convinced that seller
    doesn't even know that it is not genuine. It looks nice although. It's a pity.. I had a real camo with decal 10 years ago.. it lasted 2 days before
    the police took it at the state border. That's another long suffered story which I want to forget forever.. hmm..
    Thanks again