Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Opinion on M35 Luft DD helmet

Article about: by Glenn66 This helmet is on fleabay at a buy it now of \\$575 "Tell him he's Dreaming"

Default Need Opinion on M35 Luft DD helmet

Here it is, please let me know real or fake or any concerns, maker code is EF and its stamped size 64, the liner is supposedly original also, im new to the hobby and dont want to buy a fake, or pay too much, thank you for your expert opinions its always appreciated.
    Need Opinion on M35 Luft DD helmetNeed Opinion on M35 Luft DD helmetNeed Opinion on M35 Luft DD helmetNeed Opinion on M35 Luft DD helmetNeed Opinion on M35 Luft DD helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Opinion on M35 Luft DD helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need Opinion on M35 Luft DD helmet

How much is too much, what are they asking for? I would pass myself. Photos are rather distant and no close up of the eagle, which looks to have been de-nazified, or at least made to look that way. Shell looks like it has been treated with something, that's a lot of shine, and a lot of bumps in the paint. I don't care for the look of the liner. Those are all my opinions for the reason I would pass. I think it looks pieced together, but i could be wrong. Keep saving, there are much better ones out there. See what others have to say.

I think he helmet has been repainted (looks a bit flakey) and as H1 said why no clear photo of the Bird? A massive selling point, yet also a dead give away to the knowledgeable. Is that a Crack in the shell that has been covered? As H1 said depending on price You could do a lot better, but iv'e seen a lot worse , Just my opinions and i'm no Expert.

Cheers Phill.

Hi, the national decal looks like it does not have an even curve at the bottom.Both sides come in at different angles! It looks to me like it has been left in the back garden for a few months to age it but better pictures would help.As others have said,wait for a better one,quality always wins out!!

Agreed with both above me, its a weird thing thats the photos are just that bit far away to confirm anything. I would pass as well, regardless of the price, unless it was stupidly cheap!

Jason

From these shots the chinstrap looks ok and the liner does too. Whether the liner is original to the shell is another question. The color of the liner reminds me of the dried out ground dug ones that are treated with a heavy grease or fat. It seems to have shunk like it has dried out big time.

The shine to the shell could perhaps be from a coat of lacquer that has been applied in the past and maybe the lacquer is whats bubbling now.

That sure looks like a massive pressure crack to the rear also.

All in all I agree with the others that better photos are certainly required (for instance the liner pins, are the washers installed, are the pins tight and only been folded once?) A closeup of the eagle is needed for sure. Plus how much is the seller asking? If the price is right it could be worth a shot but without more information it's risky to make a call.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, the national decal looks like it does not have an even curve at the bottom.Both sides come in at different angles! It looks to me like it has been left in the back garden for a few months to age it but better pictures would help.As others have said,wait for a better one,quality always wins out!!
    Looking at the first pic i totally agree with you about the shield, but when you look at the third pic it's less obvious and your mind gets distracted by the crazing of the surface, but it sure looks the part.

Unless it was extraordinarily cheap I would pass for the reasons already described.

Looking more closely at the national shield I bring your attention to the top right corner. There is no crazing there right? If anything it looks like a layer has peeled or flaked away exposing the non-crazed decal underneath. Without better photos I'm voting the lid has been post war laquered.

This helmet is on fleabay at a buy it now of $575

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast