Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Need Opinions - Is this authentic?

Article about: Hello, I just purchased this M40 helped from Griffin Militaria (was recommended in the Militaria reddit's "Where to buy" so I looked and found something I liked. I did a little bit

Default Need Opinions - Is this authentic?

Hello, I just purchased this M40 helped from Griffin Militaria (was recommended in the Militaria reddit's "Where to buy" so I looked and found something I liked. I did a little bit of my own research first! My uncle had one of these but it was lost to time and I always wanted it so I decided to pull the trigger and buy! I am very concerned about fakes because I know they are out there. This one is an M40, and a few things (I am an amateur, like 2 hours of research amateur by the way) I noticed that are positive in terms of the authenticity. The vent hole is stamped and that is consistent with the M40, and the bottom edges are rolled in towards the helmet which again is consistent with M40s from my understanding. There are no decals on the side, and there are no fancy paint jobs or anything that makes me think it would be fake. The marlins are in the right side fo the helmet, and the shape of the helmet and the liner all seem good. What do you guys think?

P.S. thank you for welcoming me into the forum, I look forward to hearing back from you!

German M40 Combat Helmet – Griffin Militaria

Need Opinions - Is this authentic?Need Opinions - Is this authentic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Opinions - Is this authentic?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    We would appreciate if you would save the important photos and upload them to this thread rather than just posting a link.
    You can add the link, just add some photos as well.
    This thread will explain how to upload photo correctly.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

My bad! I took care of it thank you!

A worn but authentic EF M40 , looks like Luftwaffe color , originally it would have had a decal.

Looks like a a bit salty, but nice battelworn M40 to me. Shell is definitly Original, the liner and Chinstrap look good, and i dont see any problems with the Paint either, in my Opinion that is a nice first helmet.
    Congratulations.

It's an original M40 made by EF, but as already stated with the decal removed.
    Someone sliced up the liner a bit, though, don't know what's the deal with that.
    At least it's still complete unlike the long part of the chinstrap, which probably broke.
    Drawstring is also missing as is often the case.
    On their site is also an alleged "ex-DD M40" which in fact is a late war rear marked Q66 ND Helmet.
    Luis

MAP
    ?

Salty but still a solid helmet. Price right. Griffen is a reputable shop but as with any purchase, it is always best to post for validation prior to purchase

Congratulations.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I like it. A nice authentic M40 which may have had a white wash applied at some point. Shame about the cuts to the liner but you might be able to use that as a bargaining point.

I think it has suffered from some post war abuse, but an original helmet.
    Congratulations.