Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need a Quick Opinion on this M40

Article about: Hello, This helmet just popped up for 220 Euros. Seems to be a good price, if its original. The paint seems alright to me, with good age and wear. I´m not sure about the liner tho. My tenden

Default Need a Quick Opinion on this M40

Hello,
    This helmet just popped up for 220 Euros. Seems to be a good price, if its original. The paint seems alright to me, with good age and wear.
    I´m not sure about the liner tho. My tendency is that is original, but i´m not quite convinced. Its a Q64 Shell.
    Any Opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

Need a Quick Opinion on this M40Need a Quick Opinion on this M40Need a Quick Opinion on this M40Need a Quick Opinion on this M40Need a Quick Opinion on this M40Need a Quick Opinion on this M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need a Quick Opinion on this M40
    P
    Many

looks ok to me

Hi, the paint looks ok but I to am concerned about the leather, looks a bit "puffy", may just have been treated, but could also be replaced leather, need much better close ups really. Leon.

Thank you for your Opinions! I also wasnt sure about the leather, it really looks a bit puffy... the helmet has been reserved by another interested till monday anyways, so i´m probably not gonna get it.

220 euros is not a good price , it's market price for a helmet in that condition. And even a bit high if you ask me.

I may look on the wrong pages. As far as my experience goes a german helmet with original paint and original liner never sells under 200 Euros. Supposed the liner is all Original, which may be not the case.

TWS
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, the paint looks ok but I to am concerned about the leather, looks a bit "puffy", may just have been treated, but could also be replaced leather, need much better close ups really. Leon.
    Agree. Original undisturbed liners do not puff away from the liner band like that. They typically lay very flat.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

It almost looks like something has been tucked in behind it, to reduce the size..
    If so, it’s unlikely to be a period adjustment. Perhaps a pinheaded re-enactor?
    A very odd shape.

I’m not a huge fan of the liner either. The photos are not high res but to me it does not look like the liner has been “worn in” in the fashion of a helmet that has been seen a lot of service like the shell on this one appears to indicate.

Andy

?

Overall, it looks like a nice helmet. There is always the possibility that what we are seeing as ‘puffiness’ is merely the result of staining and weird lighting in the photograph.
    Some better images would definitely allow for a better appraisal.