Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need second opinion on helmet

Article about: Hey guys this is my German Stahlhelm that I picked up a few months ago and I am looking to get a second opinion on it. I believe it to be an original M35 with a Luftwaffe decal underneath th

?

Default Need second opinion on helmet

Hey guys this is my German Stahlhelm that I picked up a few months ago and I am looking to get a second opinion on it. I believe it to be an original M35 with a Luftwaffe decal underneath the original camouflage. It is also named and the numbers match to an airbase in Austria. It was apparently a vet bring back and has been sitting in an attic since the war, until now! I'm pretty sure it is real but im no expert so id like to get some opinions from those who know a whole lot more than me!

Thanks guys!Need second opinion on helmetNeed second opinion on helmetNeed second opinion on helmetNeed second opinion on helmetNeed second opinion on helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need second opinion on helmet
    P
    Many

Some close up pictures of the paint would be good but from here it's not looking bad and I see we have a fellow lax player

I agree with TheGoon. From the pictures it is promising, but don't be shy with the camera in macro mode (preferably in natural light). Good shots of damaged areas, the rim, and around where you think the decal is, would be great. I think it will be hard to get a lot of concrete good or bads with the pics so far. Besides, we really like looking at helmet pictures!!!!

Hi, as said we really need good close up images of the paintwork but I would cautiously give it a chance of being ok at the moment. Leon.

I cannot say it is good or bad, and I typically avoid commenting on "camo" helmets, but I am going to say that I am cautiously optimistic. But much better photos are required for concrete analysis.

From what can be seen salty old helmet looks original I have to agree would need close up pictures I too shy away from cammo's. timothy

?

I was planning on getting some better pictures when I get home from college for Christmas break. I realized I didnt provide the backstory and that may also help a bit. I got it from a friend who knows nothing about WW2 let alone German helmets. He knew I liked WW2 stuff so he offered it to me for very, very cheap. He got it from his neighbors attic. His neighbor was a vet (can't remember what division offhand) and he brought this helmet back after the war and it sat in his attic until a few months ago when I got it.

?

Hi Poody, take better pics in focus wiht no flash glare of the decal area closeup as well as the number and personalization on the back of the helmet and the camo paint.
    Looks like it has some legs though, I like it from afar.

?

Looks promising I like the interior and the skirt id.

Eric