Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

***Need some input. RURAL POLICE HELMET!! is it fake?

Article about: hello everyone, a friend of mine is looking to get rid of some of his military collections and he's got this helmet. To me it looks to be refurbished but i know nothing about these helmets.

Our member here has an educational site for reference only...maybe take a look ?
    Germanhelmetvault.com. Might get some solid info there
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ***Need some input. RURAL POLICE HELMET!! is it fake?
    P
    Many

I agree with the evaluation of 100USD.
    You will need to pay more, but you'll find better helmets out there without the question marks.
    Are you in Europe, US or elsewhere?
    nick

Don't get hang up on Frankenstein helmets with fake decals , they are not worth your time.
    Pay market price for a decent helmet , it is worth it. There is no such thing as cheap Original German helmets. We all would be queueing there.
    Cheap means messed with in this world of ours.

thanks again for the replies. i live in the US, In CT. Just looking to extend and pretty much start collecting. I have a few US shovels one from 1944. Have a 1938 Mosin M91/30. I just bought a 1944 M1 Garand. I have a pair of German Luftwaffe Binoculars, some ammo from 1938. I have my Great Great Uncles purple heart and tons of documents and MIA and KIA papers. He died in Normandy. Demolition company in the 101st airborne. Pretty much what i have. Just starting out. thanks again

MAP
    ?

Quote by Lander317 View Post
    thanks again for the replies. i live in the US, In CT. Just looking to extend and pretty much start collecting. I have a few US shovels one from 1944. Have a 1938 Mosin M91/30. I just bought a 1944 M1 Garand. I have a pair of German Luftwaffe Binoculars, some ammo from 1938. I have my Great Great Uncles purple heart and tons of documents and MIA and KIA papers. He died in Normandy. Demolition company in the 101st airborne. Pretty much what i have. Just starting out. thanks again
    Off to a nice start!!

As noted here and in your intro page...Take your time, don't buy cheap, keep your interests very focused to start so you can study, study study what you are interested in and then study some more. And then before you buy -> ALWAYS post if for authentication. We are happy to give you advice. After that, you can move on to another area.

It's better to have a small collection of quality items, then a larger collection of messed with/questionable items. To quote one of our Mods "It is not the size of a Collection that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!!".

The majority of us here find more enjoyment in the research / learning than in the actual item. I know once I acquire an item, I'm immediately off on the next quest and doing all my research to learn as much as I can, even if it takes me a year to find the right example.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks! I also picked up some badges and pins lately, and a few other items from a co worker and actually a tractor show that had a flea market haha. I got a black wound badge and silver wound badge. Just some small random things. Ive always been obsessed with the second world war and after seeing the collections on here its just made me want to have my own version of these find and relics. Again, thanks for the reply!

Quote by MAP View Post
    The majority of us here find more enjoyment in the research / learning than in the actual item. I know once I acquire an item, I'm immediately off on the next quest and doing all my research to learn as much as I can, even if it takes me a year to find the right example.
    This is true - sometimes it's nice to go back to the items you've picked up and examine them again. I do this from time to time.
    It's great hunting something down you've always wanted and then being able to own it though.
    nick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2