Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some opinions on this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet...

Article about: Hi All, I'm looking at this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet to possibly add to my collection if I can get it for the right price. Its missing the liner, but has the hardware so replacement should be f

?

Default Need some opinions on this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet...

Hi All,

I'm looking at this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet to possibly add to my collection if I can get it for the right price. Its missing the liner, but has the hardware so replacement should be fairly simple.

What do you think? Does everything look good on this? The decal looks a little "muddy" and lacking detail.

Thoughts???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need some opinions on this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet...   Need some opinions on this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet...  

Need some opinions on this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet...   Need some opinions on this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some opinions on this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet...
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need some opinions on this Luftwaffe Camo Helmet...

The decal is a little too fuzzy for me. There is no reason for it not to have any detail even with camo.
    My opinion is thumbs down on this one.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this one. I am not a camo guy, but I kind of like what I see. Get some better pictures of the camo paint to look for signs of recent application, but from what I see, I think you may be on to a good one. Just my opinion. Jim G.

?

Hi Jim,

I'm sure you know this, but click on any of the photos and they should enlarge to show quite a bit of detail in the paint, and texture too. I'm sure I can get more photos if needed, just let me know if the enlarged versions of the photos already posted will show you what you want to see

?

Better close up photos would help also the makers mark and lot number, but i think it could be ok as well, it appears that someone has scrubbed the camo and the decal has been badly scuffed

?

Hi Dave! Thanks for your reply. When you say "...someone has scrubbed the camo..." do you mean most likely post-war, or is this something that would have been done during wartime?

?

Thats hard to say, most of us would like to think its done wartime, but theres no real way of telling, without a microscopic examination, and even then it would prove difficult

I agree with the scrubbed camo item. Decal is lacking alot of detail to tell, but works with the scrubbed idea. I like the colours, but you do need closer up pics of the paint and around the edges of the helmet.

Is the same twine thats used for the chinstrap around the liner pins on the outside?

I do like what I see.
    But would like to see more pictures and some close-up of the paint.
    chris

It looks original to me, but I agree with everyone else that it has been scrubbed. It's a shame the leather is missing.

Other than that, it looks like a nice original helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast