Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Arrival Today ET 66 M42 German SD Heer Helmet

Article about: Finally after 2 yrs I was able to get a SD Heer Helmet. Only one I have until today was a Transitional. Here are some pics. The M42 is an ET66 with a lot number of 996 or 993, cannot really

CGR
    ?

Default New Arrival Today ET 66 M42 German SD Heer Helmet

Finally after 2 yrs I was able to get a SD Heer Helmet. Only one I have until today was a Transitional. Here are some pics. The M42 is an ET66 with a lot number of 996 or 993, cannot really make it out. Double named on the back inside rim and one name on the liner thats also on the back rim, hard to make out. Scratched in name on back looks like Franz Meier, other one is hard to make out and is written over the one thats scratched in.
    Disregard the helmet with the extra chinstrap bales, thats my Transitional and cannot figure out how to remove it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Arrival Today ET 66 M42 German SD Heer Helmet   New Arrival Today ET 66 M42 German SD Heer Helmet  

New Arrival Today ET 66 M42 German SD Heer Helmet   New Arrival Today ET 66 M42 German SD Heer Helmet  

New Arrival Today ET 66 M42 German SD Heer Helmet   New Arrival Today ET 66 M42 German SD Heer Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Arrival Today ET 66 M42 German SD Heer Helmet
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Congratulations on the acquisition.

Regarding the transitional, don't remove the bales. They are part of that helmet's history.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

CGR
    ?

Thanks and no sir no way I would ever remove those off the Transitional. I was told they were put there for someone in the Cavalry but not sure. Here are some pics of it and the inside again.

MAP
    ?

Two VERY nice helmets. Why are you not posting them in the year end Helmet review? (Hint)

See link below

2019 WW2 German Helmet(s) of the year
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CGR
    ?

Thanks Map! Didn't know about it but will add a few! Thanks!

MAP
    ?

Quote by CGR View Post
    Thanks Map! Didn't know about it but will add a few! Thanks!
    Read the rules
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Been collecting since 1960 and still haven't found a tyrannies with bales like yours! DON'T touch them! Two nice helmets by the way. Jim G.

CGR
    ?

Thanks Jim! I reposted the Trans in the 2019 Helmets of the Year thread along with the info on it from the Vets Daughter.

Two very nice helmets. The M42 is a great example but I especially like the transitional and hope to add one to the collection one day.
    Andy

Two great helmets - the decals are in nice condition. Well done.
    Nick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast