Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

# New to collecting , German Rings #

Article about: Hi all . I am a keen lover of ww2 history and are going to start a collection . I would like a german ring , I have seen one that I'm interested in . I know of the totenkopf handed out by hi

Default # New to collecting , German Rings #

Hi all . I am a keen lover of ww2 history and are going to start a collection . I would like a german ring , I have seen one that I'm interested in . I know of the totenkopf handed out by him let but are there any other ring's that aren't repro / fantasy and are actually authentic to collect .
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement # New to collecting , German Rings #
    P
    Many

yes but hard to find a good one.

You'll need to study.........
    Regards,

Steve.

There are, of course, many many rings out there. Figure, for example, if just One out of every 10 German servicemen of All branches wore a ring...consider how many are out there. Unfortunately, having said that, there are literally unlimited numbers of either fakes or outright fantasy rings on the market and more coming every day. Poland, Latvia and the Ukraine are 3 very dangerous sources of the bad ones, but, naturally,fakes are made in nearly every country possible-the US included. There are some warning flags to watch out for but Some of the bad pieces are getting Very good at aging and details.
    About the best and safest method is, if you should come across a ring that you are interested in, Post Good Photos of it Here First before purchasing. Good close up photos of all inner and outer markings and nice clear front on shots of the main designs. We can help you avoid one of the many pitfalls and traps with ring collecting, but without these types of photos, it's nearly impossible.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

CBH
    ?

You would be much better off collecting "Hen's Teeth" or something in that vein .
    With years of reproductions and biker type rings , often worn and battered from years of wear ,
    TR rings are a minefield . And not being a issue item , great varieties exist
    Unless your putting out for a true SS Honor Ring , I would find another TR item to collect .
    There are many other items to collect , plentiful and some even cheap . Well not expensive at least .

mpw
    ?

Hi and welcome to the best site for information on anything relating to WW2. It might help if you post your query in the correct section,https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...a-third-reich/ where there is an excellent section dedicated to just rings. As the others have said collecting rings is a mine field but some can be picked up reasonably cheaply but the secret is research, study and more study.

Mark.

I was Wondering why it was listed under "Steel Helmets"...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."