Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

For new collectors

Article about: Although I am in no position to be saying this, and I also have very little experience here, I thought this craigslist post was absolutely hilarious. This man captioned his ad "For your

Default For new collectors

Although I am in no position to be saying this, and I also have very little experience here, I thought this craigslist post was absolutely hilarious.

This man captioned his ad
    "For your consideration is this circa 1940 WW2 helmet. Please text me if you are interested. Will trade for antiques , jewelry , collectables , ???"

I think that this post has deffinately taught me to check with this forum first if I ever had any questions on any militaria For new collectorsFor new collectorsFor new collectorsFor new collectorsFor new collectorsFor new collectorsI had a speck of doubt in my mind.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement For new collectors
    P
    Many

I can only say that if you already know it is a fake, there is no real need to post it here. We try to concentrate on original items and prefer not to waste the bandwidth on fakes if it can be avoided.
    Besides, we will likely see it posted here by someone that doesn't know the difference anyways, maybe multiple times even.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

An original S(hit)-S(hit) helmet

alright, Ralph, thanks!

?

Welcome to the forum Justin!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hi Justin

Thanks for posting this, I for one like to see fakes so I can identify for the future.

Welcome to the forum, its great to see enthusiastic youth here

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Hi Justin

Thanks for posting this, I for one like to see fakes so I can identify for the future.

Welcome to the forum, its great to see enthusiastic youth here

Nick
    Yep, me too though the point made by Ralph is a good one. I am sure Ralph will not mind me expressing the assumption that his comment was not a "telling off" rather it was good advice on best practice . Maybe one picture and or a link would do the job

You are very welcome here and seem to have just the right attitude to the hobby. Your posts so far belie your years and I hope you continue to develop your collecting ethos for many happy years. Tell your buddies, we need more "young blood".

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yep, me too though the point made by Ralph is a good one. I am sure Ralph will not mind me expressing the assumption that his comment was not a "telling off" rather it was good advice on best practice . Maybe one picture and or a link would do the job

You are very welcome here and seem to have just the right attitude to the hobby. Your posts so far belie your years and I hope you continue to develop your collecting ethos for many happy years. Tell your buddies, we need more "young blood".

Regards

Mark
    Yes Justin, not really a scolding but as you are a new member, you may not realize that we will likely see this helmet posted numerous times by, possibly, other new members who do not know the difference. As I said, if there is any confusion as to it's authenticity, no problem posting. If you already know that it is a fake, really no need to post it. We could easily fill up the pages of this forum with photos of fake helmets and awards, matter of fact, there are probably more fakes out there than originals, but as I said, we prefer to concentrate on original items.
    If you study originals, the fakes will become obvious, if you study fakes, the new fakes will always fool you.
    As Mark has suggested a link, I can only say, no links only please, do post photos. Links will die out in the future when the auction is over.
    Welcome to the hobby and this forum!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    As Mark has suggested a link, I can only say, no links only please, do post photos. Links will die out in the future when the auction is over.
    Ralph.
    D'Oh! Mea culpa! Yes Ralph you are quite right, I wonder how many times I have said exactly that myself, I have given myself "an interview without coffee" sorry.

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

That is a 'messed with' Spanish M42/79 helmet - Shame about the ridiculous paint job, these are quite neat in original form, I purchased one just the other day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture For new collectors   For new collectors  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast