Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New Guy

Article about: Hey guys, New to the forum and collecting. I've been lurking around here and other sites trying to gain as much knowledge about helmets, flags, daggers etc before I make a purchase and get b

Default Re: New Guy

Quote by DougB View Post
    Smart Canadians have a snowbird home somewhere warm. Ours is in Phoenix. :-)
    I hate you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Guy
    P
    Many

New Guy

I've seen a lot of capture docs but none like this one. No seal and no document number. Buy the helmet but the docs I wouldn't trust.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Smart Canadians have a snowbird home somewhere warm. Ours is in Phoenix. :-)
    ahem . . . make that 'wealthy' Canadians . . .
    I'm sufficiently smart to know I want one too, but kids, mortgage, Canadian taxes, etc. conspire against me.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    I'm sufficiently smart to know I want one too, but kids, mortgage, Canadian taxes, etc. conspire against me.

Cheers,
    Tony
    Just come across the southern border, we give you everything you want.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post

Cheers,
    Tony
    Ours is a trailer park with no AC....wasnt much Tony ;-) and I try not to get caught at the border LOL

Seriously Tony yes we have those taxes and those darn kids make things pretty tight some months, I hear ya. No harm no foul I hope Tony

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I hate you.

My wife is a lizard. Cold blooded. She loves going there in the summer. Hate me all you want....while I am melting...

Quote by DougB View Post
    My wife is a lizard. Cold blooded. She loves going there in the summer. Hate me all you want....while I am melting...
    I hear ya! My brother's next assignment is San Diego. Might have to take advantage of that in the next few years. There's a saying here in Maryland; if you don't like the weather just wait a minute, it will probably change.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Ours is a trailer park with no AC....wasnt much Tony ;-) and I try not to get caught at the border LOL

Seriously Tony yes we have those taxes and those darn kids make things pretty tight some months, I hear ya. No harm no foul I hope Tony
    No worries Doug, couldn't resist the lighthearted jab. I can see from the effort you put into the building of your fine collection that you’re a hard worker and certainly most deserving of enjoying the fruits of your labour. Good on ya friend!

Now, perhaps we should steer this thread back on course . . .

Cheers,
    T.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

LOL thanks Tony, yes back to the helmet and papers and enough of Phoenix and Canadian taxes!

Hi and welcome,the helmet is a good M42 heer as already mentioned(shame about the liner)!As for the paint showing different shades,i suspect the outside of the shell may have been oiled at some time,making it appear darker, Leon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast